Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Was it love at first sight?

Lynnie, on June 14, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 23

People seem to either love or hate the fairy tale idea of "love at first sight"! How did that first meeting go down between you and your fiancé(e)? Smiley heart

Was it...

A) Love at first sight?

B) Attraction at first sight?

C) Or did your love grow as you got to know each other?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

23 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on September 21, 2018 at 10:06
  • E
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say we are all of the above. We had seen each other out multiple times and I always thought he was way to good looking and totally out of my league. Turns out he thought the same about me and since I always was out with the same guy friend he also thought we were an item and we weren’t so he never approached me lol. One evening I was out for that friends birthday And I noticed my fh was out with someone I knew so given the fact I had liquid courage that night I went over and talked to our mutual friend and he took me over to my fh and introduced us. My fh has an awesome beard and after I said hello I rubbed his beard and said you are the most handsome man I’ve ever seen and your beard is amazing. It was love from first beard rub HAHA!. We dated for a year and almost 5 years later we’re planning our wedding!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely grew to love each other, when we first met I did not like him at all. He was condescending because we both worked retail and he had been there long enough to know most people didn't last. Fast forward 3 years I returned to that job and things worked out.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C for sure. We worked together and got very little face time for the first two months. It wasn't until one night when all of a sudden I found him attractive that things changed lol.

• Shannon
    Curious July 2019 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A and C for us Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    B when we first met in person and C as our relationship grew over time.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was dating another guy at the time and one of the signs that it wasn't working anymore was when I met my FH at a bar. We were both there for a friends' birthday but haven't been introduced. We instantly connected - someone could've mistaken us for friends that have known each other for years or a long-term couple. He definitely had attraction at first sight but it took some time (not long) for us to both fall in love.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours was unexpected B and C for sure Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

B and C for sure! I don't think you can really love someone at first sight without knowing anything about them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure about love at first sight. Definitely attracted to him at first sight. But as the night went on and the longer we spent together the faster I fell for him.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was unexpected, for sure!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    B and C! I started working at the same place as him and immediately thought he was super hot (also way out of my league). Time passes and I developed a huge crush on him and we started flirting a lot back and forth. Became good friends and hung out sometimes! Christmas eve we closed up the store together.... and the rest is history ahahha!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C! I didn't think he was very cute when we first met. But, I got to know him during a ten-hour car ride over a weekend. He asked me for dinner when we got back to town. I said yes thinking I had made a new friend. And, then couldn't wait for his text so I knew I liked him!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely C. We worked together and I was dating someone else at first lol. But over the course of a few months my relationship ended and me and my now FH realized we were the ones for each other
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say a bit of all three. We met online and immediately hit it off and we had to meet even though i was moving away in 3 days. One year later were engaged. We fought a lot in the first six months but we always knew it was right and we have such a strong relationship now
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

B) Attraction was there but I need time for C)

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like to call it familiarity at first sight. Since her seasonal work term started after the rest of ours, everyone had already met her by the time I had started work. When we did meet though, there was a moment where all I could think was "hello, you." quickly followed by 'oh no, she's attractive and we work together, aah!' But the first solid minute was more like finding my best friend.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely as we got to know each other. We met on an anonymous app and didn't exchange pics for a while just texted daily. We texted and just sent pics back and forth for a year before meeting in person. So it just kinda grew as we texted.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, it was attraction at first sight - well a bit more than that. I said to a friend I was camping with, next to his group,with at the time "I really want to get to know that guy...wonder if he's single?". He says I had him as soon as I fed him that night, but that I then made him chase me for 8 months before I said yes to a date (to be fair, he was living with his ex at the time, helping her out until she could find childcare for her two kids, and I made him wait until he'd moved out).

8 months after we met, we ended up going on a vacation together last minute when a friend bailed on me, and he had the free time. We started dating during that trip and I knew on that trip that I wanted to marry this man.

We've been together 3 years now, and we are just as much the giddy teenagers now as we were on that first holiday.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would be a little bit of both love at first sight and grew to love. We instantly clicked when we met through mutual friends, but he was my first ever boyfriend. And I mean boy who is a friend as well as a boyfriend boyfriend that you like like. So for me it took a while to actually love him but I think that's because I was so new to the dating world.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a bit sceptical of proper love, so I don't want to say I LOVED him at first site. But there was definitely something special from first site. I can recall in detail everything from the moment I laid eyes on him:

I started a new job, and was being taken around to meet the people who shared the office space with us, but worked for different companies. We entered the bullpen for the sales guys of this one company, and they all stood up and stood around to say hi. There was this one tall, lean man with beautiful blue eyes, a SUPER well fitting light grey suit with the broad shoulders. He smiled at me and I think I forgot what way was up for a minute.

From that moment, I would find reasons to walk by that area of the work space just so I could look at him (his desk was situated so his back was to the doorway area.. so I got to know the back of his shoulders and head really well). I didnt know I was so obvious, cause a few months later one of my now friends who was also a sales guy, called me on it haha.

I didn't properly talk to him until 2 weeks later at our company christmas party. 10AM I walked past that area (by "accident") and he yelled at me to come do a shot of fireball whisky with the sales boys. I did even though I hate shots and we didn't stop talking all that day through the party. That evening he invited me along to a concert he was going to and I haven't been able to shake the feeling that he was special ever since. It took him 3 months before he was ready to finally be like I like you a lot too.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in university and reconnected as friends about 12 years later.

And then we both got out of awkward relationships and reconnected...and got to know each other in a long distance relationship and then a year and a half later he move to Canada.

My friends and family love to remind me of the days when I would tell them about this guy who I went to school with who I wasn’t interested in, and how months later I was telling them something different.

My feelings grew for him as I got to know him after we reconnected. It’s been quite a lovely and personal journey with him and I cannot wait to start a family with him and tell our kids/grandkids our story.
  • Hollie
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Hollie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use to be someone who never did believe Love at First Sight was true, but can truely say it was in the case of my fiance and I. Within 5 minutes of being introduced, no one could take us a part. (we met through mutual friends that were dating). We spent all day and night talking and getting to know each other, exchanged numbers, set up another date during the week, and things just blossomed from there. We were both on the same page at all times, and knew from the time we met there was something amazing in between us. After one year of dating, we were engaged, and will be married on September 15th 2018, just after our 2 year mark of knowing each other but it feels like we have known each other forever. We could not be happier!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had known him forever. I’ve always admired him as a friend. He was always a stand up guy, and I always wished the best for him. When he told me that he really liked me, and wanted to start dating, I freaked out a bit. I knew that if we started dating, then we would be together for the long haul. It’s hard to explain the feeling I had. I knew though that I would regret it if I didn’t give us a chance. Sure enough, 9 years later and I love him more then I ever thought possible.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics