Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April
Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia

Was it love at first sight?

April, on April 26, 2018 at 17:55 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Did you know it was meant to be from the first conversation, or coffee date? Or were you friends, and then it became something more?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 30, 2018 at 10:23
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work and got closer as friends first until I started to develop a HUUUGE crush on him hahah!

I ended up making a move on Christmas eve and the rest is history! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that's cute! I said it once and he didn't hear me properly and I covered it up with something else lol

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew after the first date I wanted to marry him! We met through my brother and my fiance gave me a ride to visit my brother's family 5 hours away. So, after 10 hours in the car, I didn't think much of it, even after he asked me for dinner. But, after that dinner, I knew!

• Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely say my FH was love at first sight for me... I always joke that we were pushed into the relationship. We met at the university bar. Since it was literally so packed that we were being shoved into each other by other people trying to move around. After about the 5th time his "wing man" asked me who I thought I was, constantly bumping into him. I was so flustered because I didn't know who he was, but recognized him from the varsity football team, so obviously I was a little intimidated. It ended up sparking a conversation that resulted in us talking for 4 hours outside the bar before he asked me for my number. The next morning I texted my mom telling her I found the guy I was going to marry. Everyone thought I was talking nonsense.. But, here we are 5 years later planning our wedding Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We worked together for over a year, but only saw each other for about an hour and a half every morning (he worked nights). Finally, when the place closed down, we decided to connect and went on our first date a week later!
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thats funny! I was too scared to say it too. I would say it to him while he was sleeping to practice haha!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t know that it was at first sight but it was definitely very soon into dating. I enjoyed talking to him he’s sooo great to talk to he’s actually one of those guys that can talk on the phone to his friends forever lol and when he took me to his parents 25th anniversary on our 4th date I think we were both “hooked” Smiley heart
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! We actually met for the first time at an event when we were 20, and I just remember thinking that it was funny that he and his brother were respectively studying in the same field as me and in the field I'd just left (I met them at the same time). We lived in different cities at the time, so we saw each other about once a year for the next few years, and I didn't know what to make of him since he talked so little.

The first time I thought he was interesting (I actually remember thinking that he would fit right in my family) was at a camp in 2015, but we still didn't see other much until a year later. After that, we started hanging out fairly regularly with a group of friends and became friends ourselves.

I know that he was interested in me quite early, because apparently I'm part of the reason he started hanging out with us. I'm not sure exactly when I started really liking him, but I needed to actually get to know him before.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally thought he was out of my league and super cute the first time we met. I was leaving for vacation the next day so we couldn't really start things right away. I thought about it during my vacation and went back to where he worked (which was the only place I had ever seen him before) and I was lucky that he was working and came over to talk to me. Soon after that we went on our first date and 6 years later we are still together and happily married Smiley smile I knew pretty early on that I loved him but I was scared to say it too soon!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so glad you found someone who treats you right! No one deserves abuse.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t say “love” but “smitten” for sure!! My ex was verbally/mentally abusive, so I was very reserved and didn’t want anything to do with anyone. When we first met, I was caught off guard and wanted to know his story Smiley laugh
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were best friends for about 3.5 years. He was interested in more than that before, but I thought I wasn't. We were class mates and both had our internships abroad and then I shockingly realized that I missed him like crazy Smiley xd so love at first going apart or something :')? (I luckily had a friend who was going to the place he was for one weekend so I visited him and we've been together ever since)

Should have maybe noticed something before tho since we were together every day and texting if we weren't.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Surprisingly, I did not think things were going to go anywhere but they did and I'm thrilled for it. It was about a month in when I realized that I really liked him.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé literally told me I “Wasn’t his type” when I first asked him out lol. We got along though so we went out as friends a couple times and he turned around in the car and said to me “I want to change my mind and take you out on a real date”
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No it was like and then really like and then love ❤️ lol
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not love at first sight, I personally don't think that's real. I was instantly attracted to him and knew I wanted to get to know him. I wasn't sure where it would go but I wanted to find out. For me I think I realized I love him while I was in England visiting family and I realized how much I missed him, that was about 2 months in. He says he knew he wanted to marry me 2 weeks in.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Without sounding stalkerish.. I think I sort of knew right off the bat. I was totally infatuated with him. I can remember every detail of first seeing him and I think I forgot to breathe.

I'd find reasons to walk by his desk just to try and see him. Two weeks after that we ended up on our first date and I couldn't shake the feeling that he was something amazing... lol.

It took him about 3 months to admit it to himself I think.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were classmates, lab partners, and friends first, often taking the subway back from class together- we were only one stop apart at the time. only after College it was truly us.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not even close. He was the new kid in my grade 9 class. I saw him at lunch so I went over and introduced myself. We started dating 3 months later, but I was only 14. You don’t know what love is at 14. I think we learned what love was by growing up together and going through over 10 years of life with the other by our side. I remember when I did realize that he was the one I was going to marry, but it definitely wasn’t right off the get go!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were friends first. I wasn’t sure how I felt about him at first!
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our was more love at first laugh. He started with a pick up line and it’s been fun ever since. We definitely bring out the humor in eachother.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was attracted to him from the moment I saw him, and knew he was something special. He was in the tail end of a relationship at the time, but he says he also knew I was someone he wanted to date right off the bat. I made him wait 5 months after his relationship officially ended before I agreed to date him though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics