Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicolle
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Want to have an Estate as a venue..

Nicolle, on February 21, 2018 at 15:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

My FH and I love to have fun and really any excuse to celebrate! So we are thinking of renting an Estate for a few days or a week (whatever we can find) but I am having a hard time finding something.

The main reason for this is because we are both over the hall reception (no intended to be offensive) but he is a DJ and has been to countless of them and we would both love to have a complete different idea here. The other thing is, we can all sleep there on the day before and day of...as well as some of our closest friends and family. Also, we don't want our party to be done at 1AM.

I am having a hard time finding an estate - any tips? Any suggestions? I have tried google but estates are typically not for rent on the internet. Any other mansion grounds are already arranged venues that again have limitations - the caterer or you have to use their DJ (which I would never go with), or done by 1AM and so on...

Please any guidance is appreciated!!

We live in Guelph, Ontario.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on February 26, 2018 at 22:09
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner).
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! I was going to suggest AirB&B as well. As mentioned, contacting an event planner might be helpful.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just going to suggest an AirBNB as well.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only estate type venues I can think of still will only rent out for one day or don't have sleeping quarters and really have been converted into a venue.

AirBNB? Maybe contacting an event planner might give you some more connections.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics