Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Curious October 2023 Ontario

Walking down the aisle with your son?

Katrina, on April 16, 2023 at 21:18

Posted in Wedding ceremony 35

Hey all, I'm just curious about everyone's thoughts on walking down the aisle with someone other than your father. I know it's tradition to have your dad walk you down the aisle but I'm thinking about how special it might be to have my son walk me down the aisle instead. I've never been married...
Hey all,
I'm just curious about everyone's thoughts on walking down the aisle with someone other than your father. I know it's tradition to have your dad walk you down the aisle but I'm thinking about how special it might be to have my son walk me down the aisle instead.
I've never been married before but I'm mid 30's and I have a 12 year old from a previous relationship. I'm well past the "giving my daughter away" age and I don't think my dad would mind so much. Really my son is the only one I need approval from to marry my FH so he's really the one I need to give 'blessing" or "give away". I think my son would feel special too. Then I'll still have the father daughter dance with my dad so he will have that special moment with me. Thoughts?

35 Comments

• Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the feedback! I think it would be so special 😄
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Norhing wrong with your son "giving you away". This is our second marriage (we are both 48) and my FH doesnt have any living family. So i didnt feel right having my dad walk me in. My 21 yr old daughter is my MOH and she is walking in with me. He asked for her blessing to propose to me so only fitting she gives me away.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is a perfect plan and not at all strange just because it's not your father. As a guest, I would totally get it, sounds beautiful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics