Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Walking Down the Aisle

Emily, on July 21, 2018 at 20:01 Posted in Just married 0 8
Can anyone that’s already gotten married share there going down the aisle experience? We are having a fairly intimate wedding but I absolutely hate being the centre of attention. I had my bridal shower a few weeks ago and felt pretty uncomfortable and I’m nervous for how I will handle it. Part of me thinks I will be focused on see my FH at the end of the aisle but the other part is still slightly nervous. would just like to hear your experience!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on July 26, 2018 at 03:30
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't focus on those watching you walk down the isle, but look straight down it and look at the man you are about to marry and just focus on him, pretend there is nobody else there

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are all beautiful! I think most of us can only imagine how it will be like, but it is probably different for everyone.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked out of the house and down a fairly short aisle. I couldn't tell you who was there to be honest as I was focused on walking, not crying too much and my husband. It went so fast that it is even really hard to remember now! I am also not someone who likes to be the centre of attention so I understand.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was completely focused on my husband. I don't like being the center of attention either, but I barely noticed anyone! I didn't have a long walk either which was nice. It was hard to walk slowly I found! I just wanted to get up there with my husband!

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing your experience! That’s helpful. I won’t be walking down a very long “aisle” as we are doing our ceremony outside.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I could not tell you where anyone in the audience was sitting, or who was there or what they were doing. I think they could have been naked and I wouldn't notice until I watched the video later.

Both my parents walked me down, and I don't think I even paid attention to them.. As soon as I came around the corner and saw my partner at the front, he was all I could look at. It was only a 30 second walk, and it went by SO quickly.

Don't stress about it. Right before you'll be with your bridal party and parents.. and then you'll see him and you will probably cry and smile and you'll be up at that front before you notice. It's VERY different than a Bridal Shower (I felt awkward as heck at mine too as people watched me open gifts. Yuck)

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was amazing. We had our ceremony in a part and die to the setup i didnt actually walk 'down the aisle'.... I walked over a bridge and then across the front of where all the guests were sitting to the arch.
    I was super nervous but i had both my parents with me. My dad said something funny just as we started to walk so i was laughing for the first bit and then trying not to cry. I didnt look at any of our guests, just at my wedding party and husband.

Its over faster than you think. You honestly wont notice everyone staring at you as much as you think you will.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pur small wedding party of 4 plus 4 flower kids went ahead of us. My husband walked before me with his aunt and i with my mom. It was short abd sweet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics