Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jocelyn
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Walking down the aisle..

Jocelyn, on January 26, 2018 at 21:39 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
Is it necessary to have the dad walk with the bride? im more of a "mommy's girl" and im not sure if it would be ok to have my mum walk me down the aisle (or if i should just go solo!)

13 Comments

Latest activity by Surina, on February 6, 2018 at 12:00
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its your day and i think you should you do what makes you happy. but that being said why not have both your parents walk you down the aisle?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first question would be, do you think your dad wants to walk you down the aisle? I know it sounds cliche, but a lot of dads dream of the day they walk their little girl down the aisle from the time you're born... Other dads don't necessarily have that sentiment.

If you don't feel like your dad is expecting it, definitely go with what you want. If he will be hurt, maybe consider having both of them (a popular option) or at least have a chat with him about it.

My parents have been split for 18 years, and my younger sister never got super close with our dad as an adult, and my dad is quite the 'tough guy' and when my sister asked if he'd walk her down the aisle he teared up.

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you want your mom to walk you down the aisle, go for it! Everyone does things differently and there is no ‘right way’ to do things
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is no one right way of doing things anymore. If you want your mom to walk you up the aisle I’d say “do it”.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely your choice! I'm having my dad walk me down the aisle because I'm a bit traditional, but I am also very close with him, so it makes sense.

My mom and all her sisters had their brother walk them down the aisle at their respective weddings, since they weren't close to their dad. Whoever you choose will be important to you and that's the main thing!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally ok to have your mum walk you down the aisle. I had my mum walk me as my dad isn't around. It was really great and very special!

• S
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have decided im going to walk with my mom. My bio dad “pops” in and out of my life and we haven’t really had a close relationship. I have my step dad, but didn’t want any conflict between step dad and bio dad. So I’m choosing my mom, since she has been there for me my whole life and I have a close relationship with her
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do whatever feels right for you, it’s your day after all!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This day is something you will remember forever. Have your mom walk you down.

On our day, we the grooms had my mother and his aunt walk us down making them primary parents chosen close to us and for the mother sons dance too. It was special for them as it was for us. Enjoy what you want to have and don't hold back on your choices.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally not nessessary! It is your day to do what means the most to YOU. If you would like your mom to walk you down the aisle then go for it!

I will be having both my parents walk me down the aisle together Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally okay to have your mom walk you down the aisle or to go solo, whichever you decide! I think it's a sweet moment that should be shared with someone close to you.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally not necessary! You could have both walk you, or if you really can't decide then go solo. They can great you near the end to "give you away".
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is definitely NOT necessary for it to be your dad who walks you down the aisle. I've seen so many different things done depending on who the bride is close with.

My future sister-in-law had her brothers walk her down the aisle as she doesn't have much of a relationship with her dad.

I'm having my dad AND mom walk me down the aisle. Originally I didn't want my dad to walk me down the aisle but thought that would hurt his feelings to much so I decided on both.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics