Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Discussion closed

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Waiting on wedding photos… 😪

Alyx, on October 23, 2022 at 02:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Saved
When did you get your photos back from your photographer?
My photographer is inexperienced only has done a few weddings, but we got a good deal on his wedding package.

My wedding was September 30. He said it would take a few weeks… my grandma told me he took 3000 photos on top of the video he has to edit… I’m losing my patience 😬 He text me the other day and he said they would be done soon .. but like how long is soon ? 😬🫠

11 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 24, 2022 at 15:42
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's been less than a month. Typical turnaround for professionals is 6 weeks to 3 months. Like you said, he's starting out so his workflow won't be as polished as a professional so please be patient with your photographer. It's something you should have accounted for when you hired a non-professional. Many photographers won't even give you 1000 photos so the fact that he's editing a video and promising you 3000 photos in around a month's time is an amazing deal.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My guy said 1 month but i'm going to give him time.

If your guy is new to the wedding scene, he probably is taking his time to make sure your photos are perfect.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were married October 1 and our photographer told us max 6 weeks (other than the sneaks we got the next morning). Looks like we’re next in her editing queue which is exciting!
    For our video, that could be up to 3 months
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours said approx 4 months. i agree with what everyone else is saying- it sucks waiting but you definitely don’t want it rushed and you wa my then to edit properly etc.
  • R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married the same day as you, we are waiting on ours as well. In the the contract it said 4 to 6 weeks. I've seen some people get sneak peeks. I was like omg can we get atleast those lolol.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We didn't get a video.
    We got just over 1100 photos
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our wedding on August 13th and we are still waiting...

Contract says 12 weeks and we just passed the 10 week mark yesterday. I've had steady communication with photographer and she says they will be ready very very soon so I'm hoping next week! The photos were unlimited but not sure how many we will be given. It's been so so hard to be patient!

Hope yours arrive soon!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours took 7.5 weeks for 1200 photos and this was march-may 2021 not during the busiest season anyone in the industry has ever had. It hasn't even been 4 weeks - I get it's hard to be patient but you do not want this rushed. For that many photos AND a video, even 6 weeks would be quick and 6 weeks seems to be the general expectation for just one of those.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer took 6 weeks but I know multiple photographers in my area that say up to 12 weeks. Our photographer did provide us with a sneak peek of about 30 pictures two days after the wedding!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For how many photos and did you get a video?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours took 2 months to get back

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics