Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Votive candles for wedding

Daily, on October 18, 2021 at 15:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21
Votive candles for wedding 1
Votive candles for wedding 2

I really need a honest opinion!! I love love votive candles to put it right beside table centerpieces, however I’m a little concern about the flame. We will be having kids during the reception. I don’t want to worry about the venue will catch on fire!! Please Help. If you will suggest flameless candles, where is the best website to shop? See the pick below for My centerpieces. Votive candles for wedding 3

21 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on October 26, 2021 at 14:34
  • T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't allowed open flame at our venue but even if we were I think I would go with flameless anyways! I am using the flameless tealights from ikea. Other bonus is they will last all day so don't have to worry about them going out. Someone will go around and turn them on in morning when we decorate and then we don't have to worry about best time to light them, they just going for the day and night!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Samantha. Aww I’m sorry to hear that. Actually I saw flameless and it’s not bad!! I have 6, a lady from marketplace gave me for free🥰
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Daily. Unfortunately my venue doesn't allow open flame candles, so I purchased flameless candles from the dollar store. I hope this helps Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah I totally hear you! the kids that are coming to our wedding is our immediate family so our child and our nieces and nephews so yeah most of them are sitting with our parents and I feel more comfortable knowing they will be watched!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same. Most of my friends don’t have kids yet so. Actually I have 6 flameless tea light that was given to my by a lady on marketplace. Worse case, Ill just have our main table with open flame. I want the kids to behave including my kids😂😂😂 so the parents are responsible for that.
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes we have around the same 7 kids 3 over the age of seven years old and 4 under the age of 5 years old so we just sat them with their parents. I personally think its best that way when there's not many kids attending!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Meghan. From age 3-8, we’ll have 7 kids. 10 years and older would be 4 kids. That’s including my two girls age 3 and 7. I don’t think I’ll do kids tables the kids will be sitting with their parents.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank! I’ll go check it out. 3-4 hours of burning the candles is more than enough for me. I appreciate your suggestions.😁
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a lot of kids attending? We have kids at our reception also but not that many and still pretty young so we have them sitting with their parents! If you are doing a kids table i would suggest flameless candles just for their table so you don't have to worry about anything!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would just get separate glasses and candles, if I were you. You can get a huge bag of candles at Walmart for under $10 and the glasses can be purchased at the dollar store.

I find the glass gets slightly hot in the ones you pictured, due to the contact with the burning candle so even if the little ones don't touch the flame, they can still hurt themselves by touching the glass.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi I haven’t buy it yet. Still reviewing. Yes they look like they built in together. I see your ca candle is very small and it gives the glasses extra room/ space. I saw one deal on marketplace place for 10$ For 12 candles. Votive candles for wedding 4

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh, yours look like the candles are baked right into the glass. Did you already buy them? We went with using separate glasses and candles and pieced them together the day of.

Votive candles for wedding 5

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Votive candles for wedding 6
    Something like this, would you say safe enough?
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank!Votive candles for wedding 7

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The coordinator typically lights them right before people head into the reception area.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Hank. It just a picture something like that. Yes taller glasses would be much better. What if the votives come with candler and candler holder together, would that be a better option? Then again my ceremony and reception is at the same place where the guests would be seating during the ceremony and then get walk around a bit. We go straight to the reception. When should I light the candles? I don’t think I would want it during the ceremony. I’ll say 30-45 mins max for my ceremony.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get shorter candles or taller glasses. Most tea candles last 4+ hours, which is more than enough for a reception. It's hard to tell in your picture but the candles look a bit tall for the glass you're using. Most venues require any flame to be fully enclosed inside the glass.

I've been to tons of weddings with kids in attendance. They're very unlikely to play with the candles and parents should be watching them. But with a taller glass, kids are less likely to dip their finger into the flame. And they'd be harder to knock over.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think they allowed open flames. I saw so many weddings used it at that venue but I’m not exactly 100% sure.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know a number of venues in my city won't allow open flame, mine included. I'd start by asking them, that may make your decision for you.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda. I really want flame candles. Maybe just one my table instead.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are using flames less candles and we bought them from Party City

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics