Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaila
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Vista Print Matte vs Glossy

Kaila, on June 26, 2019 at 12:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Has anyone ordered menus from Vista Print? They have two different types of menus (size is the same) however the finishing is different. The matte is suppose to be nicer? but also more then double the price. Please let me know if it is worth the extra $$

ExampleVista Print Matte vs Glossy 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on July 9, 2019 at 00:09
  • Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure if you have time, but there is a section on vistaprint where you can order a sample pack and they just mail you (for free) one of each style of paper! It did take a couple of weeks for mine to arrive so that's something to keep in mind. I can try to take a photo of each if you want to send me a message to remind me!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really, it comes down to preference and price. Generally, art-wise, it is recommended dark designs get glossy to avoid blurring of tones and making it look 'muddy'...since your design is lighter, that's not an issue.

I have ordered both matte and glossy items on Vista print and both have been wonderful quality. Personally, I'd go for the glossy if it's going to be half the price.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How in the world is matte double the price?! That's insane! I'd just go with glossy since that is a big price difference.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To me personally I would just go the more cost effective style. Your guests will not notice the difference and then you have that extra $$ to put into some other detail that may be more noticeable.

• M
    Curious January 2020 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Given the circumstances, I don't think it will matter much. Totally your preference on what you think looks better. If you were ordering something that you want people to write on (i.e. I'm ordering a custom poster to use as a guest book), you'd need to go with matte finish as apparently that's the one people can write on without it blurring on you, but only if you use sharpie style markers (which is what I was told by the Vistaprint customer service chat).

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's preference. I personally prefer matte even for pictures.. I don't necessarily think one is nicer than the other it just depends what look you like.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on your preference. I personally prefer the look and feel of matte over glossy. Like Allison and Michelle suggested, I'd request a sample package.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is totally your preference and what you think would look best with the rest of your stationary. I would recommend ordering all the different samples from places that you are interested in, most of them send 100% free without shipping charges too.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get a free sample kit from vistaprint that showcases a couple invitation designs as well as the different paper types.
    Here's a link!
    https://www.vistaprint.ca/samples/wedding-kit?xnid=TopNav_Wedding+Sample+Kit_Wedding+Inspiration_Invitations+and+Announcements&xnav=TopNav&rd=1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have orderes menu cards from the site and the matte regular. They were great and wprth the cost.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered the glossy by accident when ordered my invites and all the other pieces of the encloser cards were standard- the glossy is a very nice quality card. I would say this would be good enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics