Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2019 British Columbia

Visa to Canada for family for the wedding

Svetlana, on March 28, 2019 at 16:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
Hello! Has anyone had relatives apply for tourist visas to come to your wedding? I am wondering if there any sort of proof needed of the wedding happening? We will be writing an invitation letter mentioning that it is for a wedding with the details (date/place/names), and can include a copy of their invitation I guess? Any insights and experience with this? Thanks !!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lucy, on April 4, 2019 at 13:21
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t forget to also look at any countries they are transiting through on their flights. Even a brief layover in a different country may require a tourist visa.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second Allison's suggestion, only a government entity will be able to answer this accurately. There may even be different rules country to country. I'd say to hop on that Canadian visa portal and have a look around at what guidelines they lay out there. I hope all the travel arrangements go smoothly!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For visas requiring wedding information, the invitation should be sufficient to show as proof for visa purposes.

Some countries will accept this information as proof and the location of the city/hotel address if needed.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Svetlana,

Do you know for certain if your family members need a visa to come to Canada? The Canadian government has a web portal to help figure out if you need a visa to come to Canada or not:

Canadian Visa Portal

From there, follow your family's home country rules on applying for a visa to Canada, it probably wouldn't hurt to include your Invitation either way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics