Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Beginner July 2022 Alberta

Virtual save the dates

Jackie, on December 15, 2020 at 00:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 6 12
Has anyone sent virtual save the dates? I’m looking for ways to save some money and was hoping there was a website out there that does virtual save the dates for cheap or even free?!

Any websites you can recommend would be appreciated Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on December 26, 2021 at 02:12
  • Erin
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, I love this app! It’s got so many free options!!
  • S
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe you are able to do this through Greetings Island (https://www.greetingsisland.com).

Hope this works for you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Websites will let you set up your save the dates now and invitations later on when ready. Greenvelope was used by one of my cousins too. Its easy to use and get replied back on it. The password would have to be sent to your guests to sign in and see the details.

• Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Greenvelope is a great site you can use. I’ve used it for my Save The Dates & also my pending invitations. Easy to use & takes the hassle of sending mail.
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! This is such a good idea. Have you checked out Greetings Island ? You can customize your own in an app. It's so easy, and they have many different templates.

• Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent out online Save The Dates last year from greenvelope.com! They have such lovely designs and collections Smiley smile
  • Marg
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Marg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you just want to email the save the dates (no rsvp required until the invites go out), there are lots of free designs on Canva that are really beautiful!

• Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister in law used paperless post.

For myself, I had my sister create it via photoshop and then I sent them out via what's app
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I highly recommend paperless post! We used them for our invites, and they were fantastic! Their flyers are mostly free (a few "premium" designs cost $10 I think), they have tons of nice designs, and you can track who has opened them.

• Colleen
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I designed a wedding website using wix.com for free. I just used one of their templates and then added in my own colours and content! It’s super easy to use and really accessible for guests. I also used their marketing email campaign to send out a save the date that linked back to the website. And did I mention it was all free??? Lol I did end up buying a domain, but it wasn’t expensive at all considering the rest was completely free.

Here’s my link to our website in case you want to browse an example: https://www.readytobearobertson.com/
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I signed up for the free trial of constant contact. It is an email campaign program that lets you send mass emails and track who opens them. They have templates or you can get creative and make your own. You can embed links to websites or your email, etc. Tracking who opened it was useful as I was able to follow up with those who didn’t to ensure I had their correct email. This is how I also asked for their mailing addresses!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most wedding websites can send Save the Dates. Even if your details are not locked, you just need a standard home page for guests to land on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics