Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Petra
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

Videographers / Photographers

Petra, on August 13, 2018 at 17:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26
I’m not sure how anyone else’s wedding planning has been going in terms of videographers and photographers but I’ve contacted a few and they’re so expensive. I’m not getting married until mid 2020 but I want to start planning a budget and researching options.

ow much is everyone paying, has paid or is planning to pay or budget for their videographer and photographers? I really care about having memories to look back on but I also don’t want to spend a fortune.

don’t know what my budget should be now haha I put $3000 for photographer and $3000 for videographer but that seems to be the minimum package for each when I comtact people.

If anyone has good recommendations please forward them 🤗

26 Comments

Latest activity by Anja, on December 14, 2018 at 13:21
  • Anja
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Anja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Videographer had Photographers with them so they gave us an entire good package. It was quite decent given that we also got a Photographer. We paid around $4400 total! Here's our video that we just got a few ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bvlv1vjpp8

The company name is R5L Weddings. They have their own website and samples online. Congrats!

• Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great! Thank you, I’m going to check them out 😊
  • Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked a photographer for $1800(35% discount because they are a preferred vendor of our venue) this includes an engagement shoot, an 8x10 from that, and 8 hours and 2 photographers for the wedding day. Then we get 30 something pictures edited and the rest given on a USB. Not a bad deal considering one photographer was trying to get $4000 for a couple hours not including an engagement shoot or an extra photographer
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in a similar position, not getting married till 2020 and did not want to spend an obscene amount of money on photography/videography!
    I found an amazing company, based in Kitchener, but does the surrounding area as well - Peter B Photography - look them up on wedding wire!
    I got an all day photo package / videography of ceremony/part of rehearsal for 3200 including tax.
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you mind sharing who you are going with? I’m looking for someone in the gta as well and that’s a great deal!
  • Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who are you going with? I'm trying to find a similar deal.
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paying $5000 for photography and videography. 2 people each service so 4 people plus an assistance. We are gett a same day edit , engagement shoot and signing book included too. I thought we are paying too much but I guess not.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live in the Hamilton, Ontario area and hired a gentleman to do just a short video for us (all we really wanted was our vows). This is the work he did:

https://youtu.be/ZCrJEahKXE8

He charged us $300 all together for 3 cameras, the option for a drone, editing, etc.

He's not typically a wedding guy, but he does great work if you're looking for something simple.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! We went with Stills & Motion Media Co. They do offer videography as well, but it was just something we decided against!

http://www.stillsandmotionmedia.com/
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you everyone for your input and ideas ❤️
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great price!!
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing 😱
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would you mind sharing the information of your photographer if you’re comfortable with it? I’m in Ontario as well
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is such a great idea!! What a unique way to record your wedding!
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I thought it was generous until I started looking at prices😭
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with partial DIY videography. I rented cameras from a website called Wedit (www.wedit.com) and handed them out to several of our guests who filmed the day for us. We returned the cameras and they uploaded all the footage to a website for us which we could download and edit on our own or pay for them to edit it for us. I got them to edit the footage for us, and it was a really amazing video, and the best part was that it was from the perspective of the guests! It was all under $1000 (I think I paid $800 total for the highlights package). Definitely worth checking it out and it was a lot of fun. Side note- they are an American company so all prices on the website are USD and we have to pay import fees, but they are used to working with Canadians as well, so definitely worth checking it out.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am paying about 1560 with engagement photos. I’m only getting my photographer for 4 hours. Which I new going into. However I would rather have an awesome photographer for a couple hours. I know at the end of the day I will love my photos from him.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard that each province is slightly different for pricing. We booked with our photographer and it's 2000$ (in Ontario) - that's for 8 hours of photographer, 3 photographers, their travel, an engagement session, and all the photos they take sent right to us!

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to not book a videographer for our wedding and to spend the money on the top-tier package from my favourite photographer instead.

Her packages started at $600 for an elopement and $2,700 for her top-tier package that includes full-day coverage, unlimited edited photos, engagement session, private online gallery, 8x8 canvas, USB of Hi Res images, and second photographer. And she is about $300 cheaper than any other photographer that I checked out.

We would have picked her mid-tier package and saved $500, but it didn't include reception coverage and we decided that we really wanted to get professional photos of our first dance, father-daughter dance, etc.

• Mtlbride
    Beginner August 2019 Quebec
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found our photographer and videographer (two people each) for $4200 for both.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I HIGHLY recommend going to any wedding show in your area! My fiance and I won our videographer in a contest (as long as we booked photography with them) so it saved us a huge amount! Also since were getting married on a Friday they gave us off season pricing too!
    We legit got about 8500 worth of services for 2900. I'm so stoked!
    So I recommend! Make a wedding email account and go sign up for EVERY CONTEST!
    We won a free engagement photoshoot too with a different company and i still cant get over how amazing that all came out! And it was free!!!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found a photographer for $1600 and we’re skipping a videographer!
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re also skipping the videographer, out of our budget, but we ended up getting an amazing photographer for 1K Smiley smile Which in my FH’s opinion, too expensive lol
  • Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a very good deal for a photographer. We are paying less than $1000 for the photographer. We opted not to get a videographer as its out of our budget.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a really generous budget for each! I booked my photography for $3000 and I've found that that's high compared to what others are spending. As for videographer, we're skipping it since it's not in our budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics