Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie November 2022 Ontario

Videographer. to do or not to do.

Sara, on March 13, 2022 at 09:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone. i want to know some thoughts on a videographer for my wedding. i’m having a hard time on deciding if i want to spend the $2000-$3000 on a 5 minuet video of the wedding day.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on March 16, 2022 at 18:38
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's definitely an investment so make sure it's something you really want. We opted for a videographer and I can't wait to see how it turns out! My parents had a video done of their wedding and they still watch it and showed it to us kids! It was really cool to be able to look at their wedding day with them and see where it all started!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it all depends really on how much you want a video of your wedding. My fiance and I have opted out for one for a few reasons. One, it's not something that we're really into and second, we can use that money for something else we really want for our day.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends what you want. you can find not as experienced videographers that dont charge at much, you can also get someone to record it for you. Originally my Fiance and I were not going to go with the videographer however my photographer has a wicked package it just made sense and its probably the biggest expense which is under 2k.

I would even suggest making a pros and cons for viedographer and see if that helps you decide Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You choose if videography is worth the price to pay for a few minutes ceremony. Asking a friend or family member may help to record since they will be present at your wedding.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of videographers provide options beyond the 5 minute wedding highlight video. You just have to look around. And not all videographers are priced at $2K+. If you're willing to work with someone not as experienced or go with a smaller package, you can find vendors within your budget.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ended up needing to live stream so we got the best of both worlds - downloaded copy of our entire wedding unedited (well one version has any downtime cut out) for half the cost of the highlight reel version of videography (which we also didn't want). Before making this decision though, we found videographers that would also sell the raw footage so at least we'd get all the footage in addition to the highlight reel). Is that an option? I think if it's in your budget, you won't regret it. I don't know anyone that does but they all made sure to get more than just the 5 minute montage.
  • M
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be doing a videographer for our wedding but we found a photographer that we absolutely love! In my opinion, if you can afford/want to spend money on a video then that’s amazing, but for us we thought it would be best to spend the money elsewhere! We knew we would always remember the day, and so would our guests, and we thought having lots of beautiful photos would be enough of a keepsakeSmiley smile Also, this might be more personal but me and my fiancé and I didn’t want to feel like we were on tape the whole time - we just wanted to relax and have a great day and I knew I’d feel a little nervous if I was on video!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics