Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shelly
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

Videographer packages

Shelly, on March 20, 2021 at 13:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Hi everyone! I'm currently looking at videographers and I'm wondering if anyone can share the types of packages they went for? My fiancé and I have found a videographer we really like but their wedding package is $3900 (8 hours with 2 videographers + 5-7min highlight video). This doesn't include a documentary of the ceremony and speeches (add-on of $500 for ceremony and $500 for speeches). I'm waiting to hear back from other videographers so I'm not sure whether this is the standard pricing for videographers re: only getting a highlight video unless you buy add-ons. I really like the videographer and their portfolio but I also feel like if we're getting a videographer it's kind of pointless if we don't have the ceremony and speeches documented (although the highlight video is the best part and probably the one I'll watch the most). Anyone get just a highlight video and not regret it?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 28, 2021 at 12:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would imagine all vendors are raising their prices. It wouldn't surprise me one bit for what they would charge now since the pandemic is happening.
  • Shelly
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing deal! Ours is a destination wedding so we have to factor in travel costs. Well, when I say destination I mean it's not in the Metro-Vancouver area haha but still in BC. We've looked at some local videographers in the Okanagan but didn't really like their style so we just found ones in Vancouver who we really like, but have to pay for their travel/gas/accommodations etc.

• Shelly
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, so cheap! My photographer is definitely much cheaper than the videographer quotes we've been getting (we booked the photographer last year). It seems like most vendors are bringing up their package prices for 2022 due to the surge in weddings Smiley amazing

• C
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Claudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our videographer is $1,000. We hired the photographer separate and that's $900. Both contracts are for a 6 hour package!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The price seems adequate for the province as its high. You can get more quotes if wan to compare of services provided to see if this vendor is right for you. We paid $1300 for engagement/wedding on usb stick provided. The price was for 1 photographer engagement and 2 for the wedding.
  • Shelly
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome thanks for the suggestion re: iMovie! I'm definitely going to check that out. Having a good photographer/videographer is really important to us and I'm sure they'd be worth every penny, I'm just having a hard time dishing out the pennies right now haha. I've emailed the videographer back to see if costs would be reduced if the footage was unedited/raw! Fingers crossed!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'd definitely ask if you can get the uncut footage (will likely cost you more unfortunately). Using friends and phones is certainly a good backup but be prepared for the phone to pick up all the noise closer to them more than the person speaking (depending on the acoustics of the venue). There is editing software you can use to reduce it though! We videoed our legal ceremony in the park on our original date, just on my sister's SLR camera, and I used iMovie to reduce the background noise 😊. All doable!
  • Shelly
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great to know you got similar quotes! Makes me feel a bit better- I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to negotiate the price down or if it's in the normal range. Live streaming is also a great idea. Our wedding is in July 2022 so hopefully by then the guests we would like to invite are all able to attend in person. Hmm, perhaps I'll ask the videographer whether we can get unedited versions of the ceremony of speeches for a discount...or maybe get a friend to film it on their phone sneakily lol

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This seems standard to me. We had the same quotes. We were going to add on to get all of the raw footage as that's what we cared about. We could not care less about a highlight reel and thought if that's what we're paying to get - no thanks. We want it all. Once covid hit and we knew it wasn't leaving for our wedding, we ended up hiring videographers to live stream our wedding for 5 hours - ceremony + most of the reception (speechea and dances) for the people who couldn't attend. We then were able to download copies of both, as well as an edited version of the reception (speeches and dancing only). This cost us just under 2k (in Ottawa with a well known photography/videography company). It's the editing that costs a lot as it takes a lot of their time.

• Shelly
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think they do still film the ceremony and the speeches in order to edit parts of it into the highlight video, they just don't give you the full documented versions. Yea, I'm with you on that one, I think the ceremony and speeches would be nice to have. Although I'm not sure how much I'd watch the whole thing. I'd probably watch the highlight video more frequently/that will be the one I distribute to family and friends. I just don't want to regret not buying add-ons later! I'm still waiting to hear back from some other videographers so we'll see what the norm is! Thanks for your thoughts! :-)

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the main package doesn’t include the ceremony or speeches what are they doing for the 8 hours? This seems really expensive to me, especially after adding on the $1000 for the most important parts of the day. I know the only things I would really care about recording would be the ceremony and speeches lol. But I didn’t hire a videographer so I’m not totally sure whether this is unreasonable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics