Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loni
Devoted September 2018 Ontario

Venues with multiple weddings a day - your experience?

Loni, on May 10, 2017 at 17:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hey everyone! Happy hump day Smiley laugh

FH and I have lined up some appointments to look at 3 venues this Saturday! Super excited Smiley smile However, some of my favourite ones do more than one wedding in a day. Has anyone been to or had a wedding in a venue like this? I'm a bit worried as I've heard horror stories about people from the other weddings crashing yours, and ceremonies running late and holding up the other weddings! Sounds like a horror story to me Smiley ups

Your experiences?

Thanks guys!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kaci, on May 19, 2017 at 17:57
  • Kaci
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Kaci ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Speaking of venues with multiple weddings, we are looking at Liuna Gardens in Stoney Creek. Does anyone have any experience with that venue or know someone who got married there and what their experience was?

Thanks!

Kaci

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has the option to rent the whole facility or to just do half and there is a pretty solid temporary wall that divides it. We are renting half and there will be someone else in the second half. The facility is set up to accomodate this. There are separate washrooms, and outdoor space. Their wedding is at 4 and ours is at 530 which I feels gives them lots of time to clear up and get ready for our ceremony. Their supper starts at 6 and ours will start at 730 or 8. So it should be pretty well staggered and the venue has done it before so I am having faith that they know what they are doing. Smiley smile

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha, that sounds fair to me! We have enough stress of our own to worry about other brides' weddings!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is hosting a wedding Saturday night and we are getting married on the Sunday morning after. I'm a little worried that they won't have all their stuff cleaned up on time. But I have faith that the other bride will understand how stressful it was for her to get everything organized and will be responsible and get her stuff cleaned up in time for us. Also, apparently it is in their contract to be out by 9am that day. We already decided if their stuff is in our way we are just throwing it into a pile in the parking lot and they can deal with it!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have enough time! That is nice! If there is anything I can help you with you can always open a new discussion. Smiley heart

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is also in a hotel and has a much bigger wedding happening the same day. Hoping we don't run into any issues that night.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last fall that had multiple weddings - the ceremony was staggered - while we were being seated for dinner the other party was having their ceremony. Later in the night the other wedding guests were trying to come into our section - security ended up removing them. Still a great time, but some people weren't impressed with the wedding crashers.

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that's awesome! I guess it all depends on the type of people that are having the other weddings. If we do go with one of these venues, hopefully we'll have people like them Smiley xd

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding for one of my friends was at a venue with another wedding accross the hall. The only time we were aware of the other wedding is when their conga line came through our side. We then did the same thing into theirs. It was fun and that's the only time we were aware of the other wedding going on. Everyone had an amazing time and we still talk about that conga line to this day Smiley laugh

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Zoë! Planning is in the beginning stages, but going well! We're not getting married 'til next Septmber, so my motto is to do all the planning slowly over time and (hopefully) not get too stressed about it. We'll see how it goes haha

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This makes me feel a little better.. I really want an all inclusive venue, but I'm finding it extremely hard to find one that's all inclusive, I like, and only does one wedding a day. So I'm thinking I'm going to have to settle with this multiple weddings in a venue thing.

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah! Ya, that would make me pretty angry. 2 brides? Nope. haha

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Loni, How are you doing? I was happy to read your discussion this morning Smiley smile Like it could be that you don't even notice it! Smiley smile I would talk about with the venues. How is the rest of the planning going? Smiley heart Do you already know what shoes you are going to wear? I made a game about it: 5 steps to find the perfect shoes. Let me know if you like it. xx

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend got married at a venue that was hosting another wedding. We honestly didn't even notice until the end of the night when everyone was heading home.
    The venue I'm getting married at also can host up to 3 weddings a day and I've heard nothing but amazing things about the venue. Nothing about people crashing weddings or anything. They do have security on site though which is nice. I think they stagger the ceremony times so it's not all going on at the same time though.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend was telling me a story about his friends wedding... The reception was at a hotel that had another wedding reception that day... He and the bride crashed the other wedding since the other DJ was better... The bride whos wedding it was, wasn't amused (I do not blame her).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics