Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie July 2019 Alberta

Venues... Help!

Jessica, on May 11, 2018 at 14:27 Posted in Alberta 0 10
Newly engaged and I've never even looked at or planned any kind of a wedding before.. not even a pretend wedding. My fiance seems more into it than me.. so we have decided that we want to have our ceremony indoors... We have a venue for the reception at our local hall.. any ideas? Anyone?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jennine, on May 16, 2018 at 12:03
  • Jennine
    Alberta
    Jennine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of our brides this year is having her ceremony at Events at Holes, it looks beautiful http://www.eventsatholes.com/edmonton-st-albert-wedding-venue/
    It's a greenhouse type of feel.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Latitude 53 and studio 96 were two places I had inquired at. We were looking for both though, but I think they will let you have only one there
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No sorry. Im in windsor, on.
  • Jessica
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which court house? Was it in Edmonton?
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friend of mine got married in an art gallery. was super unique and pretty.
    I just looked at an old courthouse that has been renovated for events. looks awesome.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s to bad they changed their policy. You can get married in their gazebo in the afternoon, but it’s SUPER small! And really hot! Lol. We went to a ceremony there last year, and it really only fits like 40 people. I’ll let you know if I think of anywhere else!
  • Jessica
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We get our Hall if we want for a really good price however we don't want our ceremony there. We are looking for something beautiful and unique. We we're thinking maybe a high rise or something. Our only thing is we would rather indoors than out and our ceremony is going to be in the afternoon. So the hotel MacDonald is out as for ceremonies only need to be done in the morning 😟
  • Jessica
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lynne,

We want to have a more formal beautiful unique place for the ceremony. Neither one of us are religious... Wouldnt that be an issue for a place of worship? Our Hall we get for a very low price as my mother in law is part of the community league. We are open to have both somewhere however I'd like somewhereore formal than a hall for the ceremony. 😊
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica!! Is there a space at your reception venue in a different room where you could have the ceremony? That would save money and time! Otherwise for just ceremony venues I always recommend looking at parks, community centers, and places of worship!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are so many options for ceremony spaces in Edmonton. Would you prefer it closer to your reception hall? Or could you even have the ceremony at the same place as the reception? I personally love the union bank in and hotel MacDonald. They were my top two choices but we opted to have the ceremony and reception at the same place

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics