Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy
Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia

Venue not communicating?

Joy, on November 25, 2022 at 11:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

How long is an appropriate amount of time to wait for a venue to respond? The initial reply with a form to fill out was very quick, but I haven't heard anything back after sending the form, via WeddingWire, and the email of the manager that was given in the form. It's been almost two weeks since I sent the email, so is this when I should start messaging other locations? I was really hoping for this one as it's the closest one that meets all the criteria and food allergies, without needing a hotel or outside catering. I do know a few places are already close to being booked up for weekends in August 2023 that we're looking at, so if anyone has suggestions for when and how many places to contact, I'd appreciate help, as I don't want to miss out by waiting for one place.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on December 8, 2022 at 15:52
  • Joy
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been looking at a few others, but a lot of them are working on redoing their wedding packages for the new year, so it seems like it might be a bit later than I had hoped before getting a good answer from any of the venues. I have family that lives far away, so I'm hoping to get invitations out as soon as possible.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Start looking at other venues if you're not getting a response from your chosen one. It all depends on the management and their busy times of rescheduling couples booked and not getting/calling back new clients for booking dates. It is a red flag when it comes to communication and if they do work out of the office or home. I do hope you find the venue that gives you everything you want for the day in the right budget.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhhh Golf Course - they may be closed for the season or their Event Planner is done for the season. Nothing like a good ol'fashion drive by Smiley smile

• Joy
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the reply!

My fiance initially tried calling at a few different times throughout the week before I had sent an email, and they didn't answer or return his call. It is a golf course so most of the place is closed for the season, but they do still have a few things open (like one of the places to eat on site), and should have access to the messages. We may end up doing the even older way and just drive down there since it's less than half an hour from me, and then we'd have a better idea what the parking situation is like.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Joy! Congrats and welcome to WeddingWire. I found that when I messaged vendors through WeddingWire, they took a bit longer to reply. I wound up going to each website and sending a message in their Contact Us section. Got a relatively quick reply (1 day). If you don't want to lose the date/location, I would go the old fashion way and make the call. Especially if you have your heart set on it. Happy Planning Smiley sexy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics