Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Frequent user May 2020 Ontario

Venue hunting!

Taylor, on November 16, 2016 at 12:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hello everyone!

Recently my fiance and I have have started looking for our dream venue. We have a fair sized budget but we've only found a few places we liked. Our top three are 1. Cambridge Mill 2. Queen's Landing and 3. Ancaster Mill. I tend to be a little picky and I have been trying to keep an open mind but its just hard! - I just want it to be perfect. I know we could just pick one of the 3 that I listed but I can't help but feel we need to look more before deciding on the perfect venue. We want the reception and ceremony at the same venue!

Would anyone care to share some venues they looked at?

Tay

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tony, on September 1, 2021 at 05:22
  • Tracy
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our July 5 wedding at queens landing. Both ceremony and reception are in the imperial ballroom
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Taylor, definitely! I'm always full of ideas! Smiley winking If you want to do something symbolic for the ceremony, you could have a look at these unity ideas: Which unity idea will best represent your marriage?

For your decorations... There are many options you could go for! How do you like these?

5 ways to add flowers to your ceremony decor

Wedding Ceremony Decorations for Fall

Do you like the flowers in ceremony decors? Or would you like to go for something different? Smiley smile

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well thats a good question! I'm going more a mix of elegant and rustic overall but as for the ceremony I'm not sure what type! My FH and I are not religious so but I would like something fun in the ceremony as well! Any suggestions?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Taylor! I'm glad you got so many answers! Smiley heart Keep us posted on what you'll choose! I can't wait to see pictures of the venue you'll pick! Smiley smile What type of ceremony will you have?

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many suggestions! I'm so excited to look at them all. I never expected this much support from the community!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

York Mills Gallery
    Miller Lash house
    The Henley Room
    Black Creek Pioneer Village
    The lake house in pickering

Then there is always casa loma! It is pricy but its beautiful!

These are ones that are different then maybe other weddings you have been to! It would make your wedding stand out!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh! I forgot another one and it's just stunning but I just didn't want to go into Toronto, if you are ok with it, check out The Hart House. It's on the UofT grounds! Amazing!
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am open to most things!! I'm not a huge fan of banquet halls but I've been trying to keep and open mind! I would be thankful for any venue suggestions!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whistle Bear is great! My friend got married there last year- the DOC was fantastic there too!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking for something different like having it at a museum or do you have a preference?! Do you like or dislike banquet halls!?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Cambridge Mill and Ancaster Mill part of the same group. They have a location called The Whistle Bear in Cambridge that is stunning! Check it out! Properties by the Edge Hospitality Group are fabulous as well! That's who we chose to host our wedding! We booked the Oakville Convention Centre! You can contact Zorka! She's amazing! She made me feel so solid and organized with everything. They know what they are doing ! They just acquired LaSalle Park banquet hall in Burlington , so that would be great spot to check out.
    We also loved Marquis Gardens in Ancaster! We wanted to book with them first but just couldn't because we had over 200 people. But the girl I worked with Deanna was Stellar! She was on the ball!
    If you want their emails send me a private message and i will forward them to you.
    Lisa
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH would be completely fine with 100 people! Adding more people would just mean inviting more friends and he has no shortage of those! Definitely something to keep in mind though!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They DO have a 100 guest minimum (or you have to pay for 100 people no matter what), which is what stopped me from booking...and it sounds like you might be like me, based on our other chat!

But for such a stunning venue, they do have reasonable prices! Maybe for my 20 year vow renewal I'll go there!

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my lord! I just looked at the website and it is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for suggesting that venue. I will definitely be looking into that one!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ohhhhh why would you look anywhere else? Ancaster Mill is beautiful!!!

Kidding- if you like that style check out vineyards or "The Old Mill" in Toronto (not toooo far way!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics