Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Vendors taking a while to respond

Jennifer, on August 9, 2017 at 17:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

I’ve been noticing a few vendors (small ones & even very reputable ones too!) sometimes take a while to get back to me. I’m talking, two weeks. Is this normal?

It’s driving me nuts because I want to plan as early as I can & can’t even get responses from some of them. I know it’s wedding season but man, I am getting frustrated & impatient

Smiley sad

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on January 10, 2018 at 04:26
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow! Yes, definitely move onto somebody who actually has time for you. I would be panicking if I were you!

• Emily
    Newbie February 2018 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah!! My florist too. But I’m going to just cut to another one because I’m getting married next month... don’t even have flowers!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did email some vendors and if i didn't get a response within some time, i called others while searching. When the company decided to get back to me, i just knew it wouldn't be affordable with them. This happened with most emails sent out.
  • Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've noticed the same thing! Frustrating but I'm learning to be politely persistent too, lol.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you sending emails from this site, cause ive found sometimes it takes awhile from this site, so I google the actual company and go onto their website and contact them directly, or even phone them.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, that changes everything. Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So keep squeaking, and if they don't get back to you...NEXT!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I am finding with a few we just moved on after not hearing back for three weeks. The issue is, we live in Calgary & are getting married 3 hours away in a small town of 3,700 people. Vendor pickin's can be slim!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in Calgary & our venue is 3 hours away in a small town. Most of our vendors are out there so unfortunately going to the location isn't much of an option.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good way to put it, thank you!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Erin nailed it with "politely persistent"! Don't be afraid to follow-up!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually just had this issue. Our florist would take weeks to respond to emails or messages but would be seen posting daily on social media. I'd give a week tops and then try to contact them again. Persistence pays off, however, sometimes you will find that you need to move along to another vendor.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would it be possible for you to go directly to their locations and get answers? I'm sure they're overwhelmed with phone calls and emails. I have found that you get the best attention if you show up.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This can happen sometimes. I would say just be politely persistent. We sent follow up emails all the time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics