Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Vendor issue

Fiona, on June 28, 2019 at 02:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi all!
Im so stressed! My wedding is in 3 weeks, I’ve been trying to get in touch with my decor lady for the last 2 weeks because of some changes with guest count and timeline. I received one voicemail from her a week ago and I promptly called back and have since left 2 messages and sent emails and I’ve had no response. I’m so upset over having to chase her and to be ignored. I’ve paid her a deposit but I’m willing to lose it to find a better vendor.
Has anyone else had to deal with such brutal service? I feel like I can’t enjoy the last days leading up to my wedding with this hanging over me.
*feeling let down 😔

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 2, 2019 at 15:08
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well at least she got back to you, frustrating that it took your FH to call her to get a response. Hopefully she continues to keep up her communication with you.

• F
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So, I had my fiancé leave her a voicemail and she called back within the hour! Apologies and excuses aside, she has committed to be more communicative and since we’ve already paid the deposit (and would rather not lose it) we are going forward with her and hoping it works out!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have totally had this. Early on when we were trying to find a DJ almost no one would respond to me. It was so unprofessional. Sorry you're stressed. Maybe ask one of your bridal party to reach out as well. And also let her know if she continues to disregard your contact attempts that you will be going in a different direction.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its upsetting when you coming to your wedding day soon and the vendor doesn't reply back to you.

There is a choice to make upon the time she doesn't take to do her job for your day and can be notified she can be taken to court to get your money back full amount for breach of contract. At some point, an email should be sent to her letting her know if she can't perform her duties, the amount paid gets refunded to you. The matter is disputed, you will take her to court and see her there. Meantime, have your documentation of emails, contract and any other information prepared aside for this matter.

Another vendor that is willing to do the décor that you have set and colour palette wise within the month, releases the stress level down. I do hope someone will jump in and cover your day on that conclusion and everything you envision is as great in person.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding season will definitely slow down response times, but... it's also wedding season and couples need to get in touch with their vendors!! You shouldn't be waiting 2+ weeks in the final month of your wedding.

It wouldn't hurt to look for other vendors, but keep in mind that with wedding season, they are probably booked up. On the other hand, some may offer discounts if they are available since they'd rather work at a discounted rate vs. not working at all! Just don't cancel with your current vendor until you book someone else or hear back from her and are still willing to work with her.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - right now it is wedding season and they would be busy. Not that that excused her not getting back to you!

It doesn't hurt to look around though, just don't cancel with her until you have something else lined up so that you aren't left with nothing.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain. I had the same issue last month. I booked my florist who offered to do my decor as well so she quoted me (I put a deposit on the flowers) but the decor price was out of budget so I needed her to revise it. I didn’t hear from her for a month.

so I called and made an appointment to come in person to speak with her. She profusely apologized.

I think if she’s not answering calls and emails. Make an appointment in person to meet up. It’s wedding season so I try to give vendors the benefit of the doubt now but I try to meet everyone in person when I have issues now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics