Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Vendor Fail

Ashleigh, on June 12, 2018 at 13:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Wedding planning has been a breeze, but a lot of my vendors have caused unnecessary stress along the way.

Rant....

On Saturday, I had a trim scheduled at my regular salon. Before I left, I asked to add a hair appointment for one of my bridesmaids, and I had to move around some of their appointment times to coordinate with make-up and 3 of 7 appointments were gone. Just wiped from the system. She said that when a stylist leaves they just delete them from the system and the appointments disappear along with them. They try to check ahead but my appointments must have been missed..... Unbelievable. My wedding is at the end of August and I only booked the hair appointments 6 weeks ago. Now I'm going to be paranoid and checking in with them up until my wedding day.

Vendor fail.

I've had a handful of issues with my vendors. Just careless mistakes. Thankfully I've been able to resolve them along the way. Always check in with them! It's so stressful relying on other people.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on June 13, 2018 at 13:46
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yikes! That is such a fail on their part. My hair stylist (for everyday things) switched salons but she contacted all her clients to let us know/confirm any outstanding appointments with us. I will definitely be checking in on vendors so nothing like that happens!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eek! Sounds like a total bummer to have to deal with.

Can you ask the salon what their troubleshooting plan is in case something nonsensical like this happens again?

Like how do they propose to fix the problem and not have you stressed out about it for the next couple of months?

I like asking “How would you want it handled if you were in my shoes?” to make them make an effort to think of a solution.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow, vendor fail and overall horrible business practice!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah, definitely freaky! I had a vendor (my makeup artist) just up and leave, and I never heard from again, but thankfully I was always checking in and once I didn't hear back for a month, I went and found someone else. I lost a deposit, but I'd rather lose a little bit of money, than not have an artist the day-of. Always good to be checking, checking and re-checking!

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just had this happened!! I now have reminders to check in with everyone scheduled prior to the big day. I have gotten in the habit of making a call and then following up with an email. It has been a lifesaver (surprisingly i've had vendors mark down the wrong date - and that email saved my behind!)

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely check in with vendors. It might be annoying to them but it'll put brides at peace. Plus who knows things like this might happen if we're not checking in. Or they forget details you've requested.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eek. This is the stuff my nightmares are made of... I'm a pre-planner, and I haaate when people are all nonchalant like "oh yeah, but it's still so far away"... um, so? Act like it's important, please, it is to me!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics