Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Vendor emails ....

Gloria, on March 29, 2021 at 22:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Not to try and bash anyone but how would you feel if you got this email from your photographer...mind you this is kind of a better email than last year when he was adamant about MAY weddings still happening and being pushy... is it just me or does anyone else think this response is unprofessional and not his say when we have a wedding... he can say his price is increased or date is unavailable ... but to push to this degree? I’m honestly flabbergasted.... Vendor emails .... 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on March 31, 2021 at 18:10
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow!’ Not everyone will be vaccinate by then. You know how the government work. It can be delayed.
  • M
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! I am not saying you should have done anything differently, we all make our own choices that work best for us. You do you Smiley smile

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    While I agree and I’ve been nothing but great in my emails, it doesn’t mean he gets to be pushy to the point where it sounds like “well you can still have a wedding with 5 ppl and I can still do my job so you need to keep your wedding”. I respect your opinion, but my peace of mind is more important than the money at this point and I feel uncomfortable working with him. It’s unfortunate but when you own a business you need to have people skills... I passed up on free photo and video from another photographer from Canada’s bridal show because he started bad mouthing another couple to us...Which to me is already a “thanks but no thanks .. cuz if you’re bad talking them to me... what will you say about me to the next couple”.

Again, I appreciate your input but peace of mind is more important to me.
  • M
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My opinion may be unpopular but I would not lose 2.4K over this. The email doesn't even sound that bad to me. Yes, maybe its not his place to give his opinion but I would just ignore it honestly. I think as brides we tend to take things too personally and this may be a good example. I understand we expect the highest level of professionalism from our vendors, but at the same time they are just people who are also navigating losing business and their livelihood during this time...

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?! Glad people can see it from my perspective.. and instead of saying “I’m not good with emails” if you own a business get some better communication skills because it’s an easy way to lose clients.
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Many thanks Kara. At the end of the day it just wasn’t worth my piece of mind Smiley sad
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally agree with you. It’s pushy and rude.
    We encountered this problem with our venue (as we have now postponed three times). It’s really just a selling feature, as most businesses are desperate to recoup funds- and I understand that- but it’s not up to anyone to decide when YOU feel safe or comfortable having the wedding you envisioned! I think that’s what annoys me the most about the response.
    Congrats to you for eating the deposit and moving on! I think you made a great choice. I’m sorry you have lost money along the way, but, you’re totally right about not feeling good about working with them after that! I’m sure there are lots of wonderful people who would love to be part of your special day and make you feel good about it! ❤️
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why the heck is he being so opinionated. He doesn’t have any say in anything. I think your decision was a good one
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG that sounds super unprofessional in my opinion.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Vinod and I very much agree with you. I emailed him telling him I’ve selected to part ways. We paid a deposit of $2400... which of course he’s refusing to return even half of it but at this point I’m contempt in losing that and going with a new vendor as I truly wouldn’t be happy working with him. I will leave my review in a bit so I can give an honest review and not a “mad” one that I type up as I’m upset. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but the way he’s handled it has been completely unprofessional in my opinion.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This email doesn't sound professional neither courteous to inform we can make your date available and to the price agreed on as spoken/emailed. I know someone at my workplace who is a photographer on the side and can't work professionally right now for weddings or any events. This doesn't justify the increase reasoning or details why he has the right to do what he is doing. I wouldn't leave a good review for this vendor.
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Initial date was Aug.8.2020... which pretty much 50 ppl and he was insistent that we can still have a wedding so I’m like I don’t think so. He said there would be $500-1000 charge for moving to this year... fine.. and now he’s still being difficult so I sent him an email telling him we’re parting ways as I no longer feel comfortable working with him.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What was your original date again? Because everyone knows Toronto has been more or less shut down since Thanksgiving. If your original date was in October like this year, how can he justify the additional charge when he wasn't allowed to work?

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle. I’m glad that I’m not the only one seeing this and others see it as well. At this point I’ve made peace with the fact I’m going to lose my deposit but I’d rather work with someone I’m going to be comfortable with on my wedding day.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This kind of stuff bothers me so much.

I've also dealt with one of my vendors being unprofessional about postponing, but to be telling you why they think you shouldn't postpone is another level of that.

So sorry you're stuck dealing with this kind of attitude, I hope the quality of the photographer's work makes up for it. But also if you can get out without losing your deposit and book someone more professional that you mesh better with personality wise it's worth looking around.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One and the same. He was also adamant that my 2020 wedding was going to happen. 😂
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is a very pedestrian response, not something a professional would often write. You’re right, it is kind of weird that they’re questioning you changing your date, but also saying it isn’t a problem in the same line. It’s covid, the era that couples have no control over a) the timeline of the vaccine rollout (also just because everyone’s vaccinated doesn’t mean life as usual right away) or b) venues/vendors wanting to postpone or not, so it’s an odd point of theirs to make. If you’ve had other issues with this vendor, I’d be reviewing your contract for an out.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are these the guys that wanted to charge an extra $1K for changing your date initially?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics