Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Veil- When to take off?

Liberty, on March 2, 2022 at 22:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

For those who wore a veil when did you take it off?
My veil just came in today and it's perfect!! It's exactly what I wanted! I ordered from Etsy from RuffledRose Veils but it got me thinking when do I take it off?Before the reception? After our first dance? I will be wearing a cathedral veil so I am worried about it being heavy or in the way if I wear it for too long!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Hailey, on March 3, 2022 at 16:56
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm keeping mine in in until after the photos... my hair will be style so it's easy to just come right out. Mine isn't long so I feel like I could just leave it in but I think it'll get in the way!!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this idea! As long as it’s easy enough to remove and put back on I’d want some photos with and some without. I think the back of the dress is going to be too pretty to hide behind a veil in every photo
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After thinking about it more I also realized it would be kinda in the way during our first dance
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't think I'll be wearing it for the first dance. I realized if I want to wear it for all the pictures and ceremony that will be like 4 hours and im sure I'll want it off by then!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Should have added... My plan was to take it off after the ceremony all along. That's generally when I see people take them off too.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore a cathedral veil. I actually took it off after our portraits before family and wedding party photos. It was SO HEAVY, I needed a break. The wind made it worse honestly. I put it back on for the ceremony and when my husband lifted the blusher for our first kiss, it fell off right after so that was it 😂 I was so done with it. I would NOT wear a cathedral veil for your first dance... Unless you plan to hold it...
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I might see how my head is feeling before I enter the reception and decide. Maybe after 3 hours I'll want it out!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone is different! Do what feels right for you! If you want photos with it while you're dancing, do it! Smiley heart And then take it off right after your dance

• Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s fair! I like the idea of it still being a surprise when I walk down the aisle, but I’ll have to think about as I wouldn’t be wearing it in most photos then
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also doing a first look and I definitely want to wear it for the first look so my fiance can see the full look when he first sees me. So by the end of the ceremony I'll have been wearing it for 3 hours I think
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was wondering this as well! Our ceremony is fairly late in the day so we’re going to do first looks to save some time. I’m not sure if I wear it all during the photos before the ceremony or just put it on before the ceremony 🤷‍♀️
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats what I was thinking might be best but like I also think it would look nice in the first dance photos
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking mine off right after photos just before we enter our reception

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics