Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user October 2017 Ontario

Veil or no veil?

Laura, on June 1, 2017 at 16:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

I'm sort of torn on if I even want a veil since I would only wear it for the ceremony and a few pictures. I've looked at a bunch, but the price alone is deterring me. Some of them are more than half of what I spent on my dress...which is insanity!

My Mom has suggested making me one, which I am open to. But I'm just curious what everyone else is thinking on veils these days.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on June 6, 2017 at 11:20
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, I think if your mom can make one, it could be a good option. Do you already have in mind how you want it to be? Smiley love Here I send you some inspiration: The perfect dress for you: Your veil - I love it, I don't love it.. Your bridal veil - Who wants this veil? Let me know. xx

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the look of a veil on a bride so I will be wearing one. Mine is extra special as it was my mum's veil at her wedding. I will wear it for the ceremony and pictures but will probably take it off for dinner and partying.

• Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've decided against no veil because it'll really only be worn for the ceremony and pictures!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's funny, I was watching Say Yes To The Dress yesterday and a woman was saying she didn't want a veil and Randy said something like "without a veil you're just a pretty girl in a white dress" lol don't know if I agree with that statement exactly, but I would wear one because as you said, it is more bridal. But as everyone else stated you could borrow one or make one! Or you could always have a hair piece like a flower crown or one of those cute statement pieces to accessorize!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had wanted a veil because I think it helps complete the bridal look (and when else do you get to wear one?) but I wasn't planning on keeping it and didn't want to spend a ton of money so I rented one from The Borrowed Collection. They ship across Canada and are a quarter of the price so if you're debating, it's a great option! On my actual wedding day, we got swept up in getting ready and actually forgot to put on the veil! Halfway through the ceremony, I realized that I wasn't wearing it. Smiley xd Afterwards my MOH went and grabbed it so I could get a couple pics. Definitely glad that I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on one!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are other options as well if you don't want a veil such as a bird cage, or just a hair piece as well! I wasn't sure I wanted a veil at all but then when I put one on, it really made me feel like a bride! Every bride is different though and if you don't want a veil, you don't need to have one!

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same boat - can't believe they cost so much! Love the idea of your mom making you one, I think that would be a really sweet memento of your wedding day Smiley smile Plus you know your veil will be unique!

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I will definitely take a look at the Etsy site you suggested.

Funny enough, my MOH offered me her veil as well, so I may take her up on that and have that as my something borrowed as well.

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am borrowing mine from my maid of honour as I only want to wear it for the ceremony. It will be my something borrowed.
    I had the same thought as you- I didn't want to spend hundreds of $$$ on a veil if I would wear it for a short period of times. There is a company on Etsy called Blanca Veils- she does custom veils for $60+ and the quality is really nice (So I've heard).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics