Skip to main content
Laura
Frequent user October 2017 Ontario

Veil or no veil?

Laura, on June 1, 2017 at 16:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Saved

I'm sort of torn on if I even want a veil since I would only wear it for the ceremony and a few pictures. I've looked at a bunch, but the price alone is deterring me. Some of them are more than half of what I spent on my dress...which is insanity!

My Mom has suggested making me one, which I am open to. But I'm just curious what everyone else is thinking on veils these days.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on June 6, 2017 at 11:20
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute

Hi Laura, I think if your mom can make one, it could be a good option. Do you already have in mind how you want it to be? Smiley love Here I send you some inspiration: The perfect dress for you: Your veil - I love it, I don't love it.. Your bridal veil - Who wants this veil? Let me know. xx

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

I like the look of a veil on a bride so I will be wearing one. Mine is extra special as it was my mum's veil at her wedding. I will wear it for the ceremony and pictures but will probably take it off for dinner and partying.

• Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    I've decided against no veil because it'll really only be worn for the ceremony and pictures!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    It's funny, I was watching Say Yes To The Dress yesterday and a woman was saying she didn't want a veil and Randy said something like "without a veil you're just a pretty girl in a white dress" lol don't know if I agree with that statement exactly, but I would wear one because as you said, it is more bridal. But as everyone else stated you could borrow one or make one! Or you could always have a hair piece like a flower crown or one of those cute statement pieces to accessorize!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    I had wanted a veil because I think it helps complete the bridal look (and when else do you get to wear one?) but I wasn't planning on keeping it and didn't want to spend a ton of money so I rented one from The Borrowed Collection. They ship across Canada and are a quarter of the price so if you're debating, it's a great option! On my actual wedding day, we got swept up in getting ready and actually forgot to put on the veil! Halfway through the ceremony, I realized that I wasn't wearing it. Smiley xd Afterwards my MOH went and grabbed it so I could get a couple pics. Definitely glad that I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on one!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute

There are other options as well if you don't want a veil such as a bird cage, or just a hair piece as well! I wasn't sure I wanted a veil at all but then when I put one on, it really made me feel like a bride! Every bride is different though and if you don't want a veil, you don't need to have one!

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute

Same boat - can't believe they cost so much! Love the idea of your mom making you one, I think that would be a really sweet memento of your wedding day Smiley smile Plus you know your veil will be unique!

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I will definitely take a look at the Etsy site you suggested.

Funny enough, my MOH offered me her veil as well, so I may take her up on that and have that as my something borrowed as well.

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    I am borrowing mine from my maid of honour as I only want to wear it for the ceremony. It will be my something borrowed.
    I had the same thought as you- I didn't want to spend hundreds of $$$ on a veil if I would wear it for a short period of times. There is a company on Etsy called Blanca Veils- she does custom veils for $60+ and the quality is really nice (So I've heard).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics