Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Veil or no veil

Jodi, on April 15, 2020 at 16:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 24

Hello ladies~

Just wondering how many of you plan on doing the traditional wedding veil?

I'm not sure what to do. Veil, headpiece or some sort of barrette. My dress has a lot of bling and I'm thinking the veil could be too much...

Still not sure how I plan on wearing my hair. Thinking half up and half down.

Stay safe and stay positive future brides~ Smiley smile Smiley heart

24 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not i have a hair piece im putting in my hair and i want people to see the back of my dress and my hair style!!

• Marina
    Beginner October 2021 British Columbia
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought I wanted a veil until I tried on a cathedral length veil and was totally in love.
  • Tiffany
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat about the should or should not with a veil. I like the idea of having some sort of piece in the hair, but I'm just starting my planning while stuck at home.

• Rebecca
    Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the look of a veil, but I don't think its for me. I have nothing against them. My plan is to have simple hair (hair down, curled and some from the front pinned back) but maybe a cute piece in my hair. I just can't see myself with a veil.

• Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just ordered my veil off of Etsy (they have so many beautiful, affordable options - some even handmade in Canada!) I'm going with Cathedral. I really want the traditional, regal look. I'll be wearing my hair half up, curled with a tiara. I was somewhat on the fence about a long veil just in regards to comfort. But I kept going back to it. I want to look back on my photos and see that gorgeous long veil behind me!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a fingertip veil, but I also had a sparkly comb so that when I took my veil off, I still had something nice in my hair.

Veil or no veil 1

• Naomi
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m going with a traditional veil. I like the dramatic cathedral veils!

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a traditional veil. I'm looking forward to seeing it when I can as the lady who is making my dress is making a matching veil (also can't wait to try on my dress - it's reafy and was supposed to try on tomorrow but of course appointment has been cancelled)
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm on the fence too! I love the idea of a few photos with one, but I just can't see me wearing it for more than a few minutes.
  • Wawa
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Wawa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your dress also happens to be less traditional, then the veil will make it more bridal. There’s a lot of unconventional wedding dresses these days, which don’t really look bridal. With the veil, you will complete your look 🙂
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies for all the input and what it is you plan on doing yourselfSmiley smile

Guess I'll just have to wait until trying on my dress again and go from there. In the meantime... research my options and all the different looks~

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's beautiful Smiley smile

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Veil or no veil 2
    That’s the look I was going for. Pinterest is great for ideas!!
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a Cathedral style veil. I always knew I wanted a veil but when I tried one on I cried! I tried a a couple different lengths. There are a bunch of inexpensive options you can buy online to try and see if it’s your thing. I find it sooo romantic. I’ll probably wear mine even if we end up getting married at home 😂😂😂😂
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I remember watching an episode of Say Yes To The Dress and the bride was convinced she would not be wearing a veil.
    Randy, her sales consultant, put one on her just to show her and she immediately changed her mind. She really did look like a bride.
    I think you should personally do it ❤
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I am planning on a very long veil

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally I was going to do a veil that drapes over my face and would be like the movies where it has to be moved out of the way once I get down the aisle - but the store messed up... turned out that I had a change of heart anyway (lucky for them). Ended up with a cathedral length veil Smiley smile I also of course had my headband too!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me either; I've never pictured myself in one. I'm just wearing some fresh flowers in an updo.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to wear a veil it's just not something I ever wanted but if its something you like nows the time to do it.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m opting for no veil because it just doesn’t feel like me. However I do agree that it’s probably the one time you can get away with wearing one so definitely try one on when you’re dress shopping to see if it’s something you like.

As an alternative I was considering tying tulle to the straps of my dress for the ceremony - it’s nicer than it sounds I promise! The Wtoo by Waters Truvy dress is what gave me the idea, but I’m not totally sure I’ll go with it.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doing a veil. But my dress is also VERY simple so, in my case, the veil adds a bit of much-needed bridal flair. That said, I don't think a veil is necessary at all, especially if your dress is super glam and gives off instant bridal vibes. It all comes down to what makes you feel happiest, most confident, etc. I've seen so many drop dead gorgeous looks sans veil (as I'm sure we all have).

And, I mean, I definitely plan to ditch mine the second the party gets underway!

• D
    Curious May 2021 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say whatever reflects your personal style and taste. 😁

If your not a veil person that’s okay! But this is really the only time where you get to go all out and wear a veil. So just something to think about? I personally have always been a veil person but with my veil it doesn’t have a second layer where it covers the face that to me for my own personal choice was too traditional. I really want to feel like a bride and a veil really helped achieve that feeling but you may not feel the same way. You may get that feeling just by the dress that you wear and that is Ok too. You can never go wrong with a beautiful hair piece if that’s what you decide 😁
    If you want you can still do a veil if you decide so but it can just be plain and simple where it doesn’t take away from all the detail of the dress or it can be a slightly shimmering veil to complement all the sequence of your dress but it still won’t take away from it 😁
    It comes down to a personal preference for sure 😁

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Team veil! I figured its the one day I can really have my hair up and beautiful and finished off with a beautiful veil. I feel like it just made me feel like a true bride when I put it on with my dress in the Bridal Boutique Smiley heart

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m personally team veil because I want the “traditional” look but I’m keeping my veil very simple because of my dress Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics