Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Veil ideas

Michelle, on January 28, 2019 at 17:00 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
I’m trying to decide whether or not to wear a veil with my dress. I’m also not sure how I’m wearing my hair yet. I’m thinking of an elbow length veil if I do wear one. But not sure if it should be lacy, sheer, sparkly. The dress has some shimmer to it in the lace. Suggestions please.

Veil ideas 1

Veil ideas 2

Veil ideas 3

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tyanna, on January 29, 2019 at 02:34
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the same issue. My dress is all lace so I decided to go with a plain cathedral length veil so I dont take away from my dress 💜
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like that hairstyle! That with a half veil would look really lovely Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Curious September 2019 Manitoba
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is how I’m thinking of doing my hair for the wedding.

Veil ideas 4
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with a simple full length veil with a tiny bit of sparkle
  • Kelsie
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very similar back to my dress! (Yours is gorgeous btw!) and I'm thinking I'm not going to do a veil.
    I love the back and I don't want to cover it up with a veil. Also I don't think a veil is really my style.So I think if you want one, go for it! Everyone has great suggestions about checking with shops.But if you don't - show off that gorgeous backing! You'll be beautiful without it Smiley smileAnd for hair, it looks like you have longer hair, which would look great down, but if you want to show off the back (like i mentioned above!) I would wear it at least up around your neck to show it off. I think that's my plan for mine, but my hair isn't nearly as nearly as long as yours anymore!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t know much about veils but I think a scalloped edge would be beautiful with this dress
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a veil would look amazing! (But I also just adore veils hahah!) With the silhouette of your dress I would suggest going a bit longer than finger tip, I would go to the floor with a very simple veil with a thin sparkle on the edge! A finger tip length I would worry above bunching too much and covering that beautiful back! But a full length would ensure you could still see the full back! I bought my veil from JJs house online for under 20 bucks and I'm in love with it! Would recommend checking them out!!! But for sure a very simple edge! I wouldnt do a lace as your dress is already full lace and I feel it would be too much.
  • Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a veil would look beautiful on you and with your dress! I agree with some of the other comments, ask if there are any that match your dress nicely.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely talk to your bridal shop and see if they have anything that matches your dress. If not I would definitely go sheer, different types of lace may clash. If you aren't sure, try a few on and see how they feel. remember you do not need to wear it the entire night.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do sheer/sparkly for the veil. The dress has lots of lace already and you don't want different lace patterns clashing.

I also think elbow length would be good for your dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics