Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rikki
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Veil Colour

Rikki, on February 27, 2021 at 22:24 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 12

Hello! I was wondering if your veil should be the same colour as your wedding dress?

Stupid question? haha I've seen some styles in white only but my dress is Ivory, I am worried it won't pair well together or maybe you won't notice? I haven't had the chance to compare in person.

Thanks so much!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rikki, on March 2, 2021 at 14:34
  • Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh sweet! You're the best! Crazy how the colours look so different in that photo but I guess they want you to see the difference right!
  • Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's very nice! Can hardly tell it's champagne. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Veil Colour 1This is how the material from the champagne one is. It’s not a harsh tulle. (The photo I just doesnt show how the colour is wrong for ivory lol)

• Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Veil Colour 2
    I just ordered this one yesterday after I saw your post Smiley smile I will post it on here after I get it in the mail. It’s suppose to be here in 3 weeks
  • Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea thanks for sharing! I usually avoid that site as I've heard bad things but I will definitely take a look at their veils. That price is unbeatable!
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is going to sound ridiculous but wish has pretty good wedding veils. I was previously engaged and got the perfect veil on there (comparable to the bridal store) and I ordered one in there in champagne for my upcoming wedding. My dress must have been mislabeled because it’s an ivory so I’m going to order an ivory veil on there. It costs $10-20 depending on style you want and they do tracked shipping with the veils so it actually comes way quicker than anything else on wish
  • Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's a great idea! I will definitely ask the photographers. Thanks for the tip!

• Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true, makes searching a lot easier! Thank you!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with an ivory veil with my champagne colored dress. The colors were close enough for me!

I agree with the others, the veil fabric is so sheer that it shouldn't read as a different color. I would ask either someone at the bridal salon, or your photographer as they would each have the most experience. A photographer might have an interesting view point after editing photos of dresses and veils so often.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like veils are so sheer that you won’t notice a difference between white or ivory
  • Rikki
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh amazing! Thanks so much Amanda
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is ivory/light gold and I've gone with a white veil with a bit of sparkle on the edges. You hardly even notice the different colors

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics