Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy
Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia

Veil/cape lengths

Joy, on January 10, 2023 at 12:11 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3

I've been looking at beautiful cape style veils on Etsy, and I realized that I have no idea what the lengths mean. Does anyone have advice for what length would be best for an outdoor wedding, and where the lengths are measured from?

I'm thinking of something slightly longer, but I'm not sure how that would work outside on grass. Has anyone had an outdoor wedding and experiences with chapel vs cathedral vs floor length veils? I've found some nice ones under $100 but unlike more expensive ones ($250 ish), they don't have custom length options, so I'd like to have an idea of what would work. I'd probably be taking it off for the reception, so I mostly want to know what would work outside.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 15, 2023 at 15:45
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,

My something borrowed was my mother’s wedding veil that is cathedral length. At the very end in the middle of the veil there is a white elastic bracelet attached to it. You can wear the veil on your wrist so it’s not fully dragging on the ground. I knew I wanted a longer veil and trying on my mother’s veil with my dress just felt perfect. My wedding was outside and used the bracelet or had my veil draped on my arm when moving around the venue. I removed my veil during reception.
    The length of your veil really depends on your comfort level and your dress. Whether you are indoors or outdoors all lengths can work. Veil/cape lengths 1
    Veil/cape lengths 2

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have your dress already picked out, maybe go back to the bridal store and check out different lengths?

I just got my wedding dress in 2 weeks ago and I went in and tried on like 5 different veil lengths and I am in-between 2 different styles, elbow length and floor length. I have a very simple dress so I am not really worried about a simple veil taking away from the dress. I am also buying from Etsy and will purchase my veil in a few weeks.

I would definitely go and try some one and then decide.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's really up to you and what you want to go with your dress. Theres no right or wrong answer. I also had an outdoor wedding and For myself I knew I didn't want a full length veil because it would take away from my detail of my train and back of my dresss. So I went with a mid length that stopped just before my butt. I also bought my veil at the bridal store when I had my dress on as well so that helped alot with the decision making

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics