Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Expert December 2018 Ontario

Vegas wedding

Emma, on June 24, 2018 at 15:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
The stress of planning this wedding is making me want to just go to Vegas with just us and our kids. Not saying I’m going to but it’s tempting.

Anyone here actually planning a vegas wedding?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Steven, on November 5, 2018 at 11:42
  • S
    Newbie November 2018 Nevada
    Steven ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We organized a friend's wedding in Vegas. It was very expensive, but interesting. In fact, Vegas is too big a place for a wedding. I would not recommend.But many cool events can be advanced. I think you can see here https://best-vegas.com/events-next-14-days/ . It would be a good gift to his second half.

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning one right now! Just parents and siblings coming in December. We found an all inclusive package at one of the nicer chapels. 15 guests, ceremony, cocktail reception with open bar, flowers, DJ, photographer with all pictures, decor and cake for $1695usd. Flights/hotel package for the guests that are coming are cheaper than them just coming to our home city (fiancé and I live a province away from the rest of the family). I just pick from the options they present. So it’s a fantastic option unless you want to control all the details.

we were originally looking at eloping and packages for just the couple ran around $200-300usd for the ceremony.

Good luck!
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sucks about the passports for the kids.

I just think Vegas would be so much fun! And there seem to be so many cool places you could get married. And yes the Venetian was one I thinking of lol.

Unfortunately it’s not just me getting married lol and my fiancé is now into the idea of having both families with us and having a party. Funny thing is he was the one who started off wanting something simple and now he’s the one making it all fancy 😂. I should have suggested Vegas at the start.

And for those saying it’s not cheaper, well it’s not about cost. Sometimes it’s just about what is fun, and more what you want. And small wedding aren’t cheap either when you have more people that can fit in your house or backyard. Our wedding of 60 people is going to cost us over 10,000.

Maybe i can talk him into a honeymoon in Vegas, or hey a vow renewal in 5 years 😁.
  • Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol - So I am not the only one who has been wondering this. More than once I was thinking we should have just gone to Vegas to get married.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to do Vegas! But there was an issue with my ex, so I wouldn’t be able to get a passport in time for my 2 kids that I had with him. First off, Vegas is awesome. It’s a getaway plus a wedding all in one. The pictures you would have would be amazing! Imagine you in your wedding dress inside Venetian! I say do it! No matter what you do for your wedding, it won’t be a waste of money! It’s way more expensive to have a wedding local then to go away anyways. We were planning a $35k local wedding and now we are doing a $17k Mountain wedding, and we will get 5 nights away at an awesome hotel. Why anyone would say no to a Vegas wedding, I have no idea. I’ve had friends get married in Vegas, and they were all happy with their choice! My sister was at a wedding in Vegas two weeks ago, and she loved it enough to decide that’s what she’s doing for her second marriage. Her first one was a local wedding.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    K sorry lol. You asked what's involved, I know theres a lot of money involved and 2 people who wished they hadn't got married there so I told you what I knew. My fault I guess for saying that without being the one to get married in VegasSmiley smile
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And seriously what is with all the advice as to why someone shouldn’t have a vegas wedding? I wasn’t looking for advice.

I asked if there was anyone who was planning one? Just out of curiosity and see what’s involved.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read the entire post lol.
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah see here’s the problem with that. Anything done here family needs to be invited. And for us just our kids, our adult kids partners, our parents, our siblings (both have 3) plus their spouses, and our nieces and nephews, well just that is whole lot of people. You can’t just say ok thanks to coming to city hall now get lost. And while you think holding a smaller wedding would be easier, it actually isn’t.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As much as it would be more fun to just say a crew it and head to Vegas, think of the money!!

Vegas is cheap to get to, but that's about it! If you want to say screw it, definitely take Vinods suggestion and head to city hall Smiley smile
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, sorry. Maybe Vagas Destination Wedding?
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See now me not pleasing anyone else would be us taking off to Vegas lol. It looks like it would be so fun lol.

• S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My aunt and uncle went to Vegas and loved it. They don’t regret it at all. My aunt was too nervous to walk down the aisle with people looking at her so they said “Vegas baby!” They were married in 2001 and we watched it online which was awesome (especially with technology at the time ha ha).
    Close family went my grandparents, my mom and the best man. They invited anyone who wanted to go but were happy with a small group. People were throwing money at her on the strip for good luck
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can understand the stress of wedding planning especially when people disagree with something I want. I just keep reminding myself it’s my wedding and I want to do what is going to make me and my FH happy and that I don’t have to please anyone else.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not worth the money especially when family can be with you at the cityhall.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics