Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious October 2025 Ontario

Vanilla Cake Ideas?

TayCath36, on June 4, 2018 at 22:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

My FI is insisting on vanilla wedding cake.

While I enjoy vanilla cake, I also feel that the flavor is a little bit boring because it is so common at weddings. I hope that nobody who has chosen a vanilla cake is offended by my opinion.

We don't want different flavors for each tier.

I'm interested in hearing about community members' ideas for making a vanilla cake unique.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Fiona, on November 17, 2021 at 05:47
  • T
    Curious October 2025 Ontario
    TayCath36 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great ideas ladies! Thank you so much!

I'm not a fan of custard but I love the idea of fruit fillings.

I think raspberry would be delicious for a fall wedding. We still need to go for our cake tasting.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds like a really cool idea! I’d love to see this in action! (Also I want to be there to eat cake)
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly what I was going to suggest! The vanilla could be a great base if ppl want to “jazz up” their piece, you could offer a few toppings. Fun & yummy for your guests too!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could try a variation such as a French vanilla. Or as others have mentioned using fruit fillings in between the layers. If your going to use fruit flavours you could also look at incorporating fresh fruit on the outside to decorate the cake.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had vanilla cake as well, but we had lemon and rasberry custard in between layers, just spice yours up with what ever flours you like in the filling, and who ever doesn't like then they can eat around it. You need to have something which is a little treat for you.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always have a bar of different sauces/fillings on the side? Like with cheese cake at restarurants they are almost always vanilla and then add chocolate drizze/ strawberries/ or other. You could do that but for the cake!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you feel icing isn't the way to go for filling, consider custards. We had 3 tiers filled with different flavours. It was nice to an every layer being the same.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our cake lady is amazing! She let us pick a different flavour for every tier on our cake and my hubby was super kn to the cake so we got 3 different kinds 😂😂

Ask around, I know many places are willing to do more than one kind and then you can have both vanilla and someth g else!
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely spice things up with vanilla cake by making filling a different flavor like lemon curd, chocolate frosting, vanilla bean frosting, mixberry mascarpone frosting etc. Or I've seen cakes decorated with mix berries, which will go well with vanilla cake. Hope this helped you. I kinda got hubgry taking about frosting lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics