Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gwen
Beginner August 2022 Alberta

Unresponsive vendors?

Gwen, on January 23, 2022 at 19:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

A couple of my vendors are taking a long time to respond (5+ days, even a week) even after follow-ups. Is this normal behaviour given the pandemic? I spoke to a few friends and it seems like the experience is mixed (some had no issues, some had similar issues). One of the vendors I have already hired and paid a deposit, and the other one I'm still deciding on, but at this rate I'm not sure if I want to hire them anymore. I guess my question is whether anyone in this community who is in the throes of planning a wedding also experiencing this? Misery loves company lol

18 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on January 30, 2022 at 20:09
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right! Many I have contacted through WW email me and I politely but firmly ask that all correspondence be sent through the site for easier manageability for both of us.
  • Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're just taking a long time to reply. I'm hoping it's not the norm. Admittedly it is a weird time with the pandemic. Thankfully, I haven't had anyone ignore me.

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good point! Not all my vendors are on WW so I've been contacting them from their website or just email. WW does make things easier keeping them all in one spot.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say 75% of the vendors we contacted through WW were responded- some quickly and others not so quick and the rest never replied at all. With the pandemic, I think many have closed and not removed themselves from the site....

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What kind of vendor is it and how long ago was the deposit paid? Are they simply ignoring you after repeated reach outs or is it a norm for them to eventually get back to you after an extended period of time?

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the support everyone! It sucks to hear that you're all experiencing the same thing but then I also feel a bit better knowing it's (unfortunately) the norm. Wishing you all a successful wedding day and better planning experiences to come Smiley smile

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it were that easy, then I would have definitely found someone else. Unfortunately, the deposit has been paid already so I'm kind of stuck Smiley sad

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

DEC 16?!!!! Did you end up reaching out to more companies? Have you followed up? At that point, I think I would've just found someone else if you didn't already pay a deposit. Sorry to hear that it's been such a constant struggle for you! I bet it's been very stressful the last 2 years so hopefully this year is the year!!

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I'm hoping!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Plenty of good vendors who won't leave you in the dark. If someone you messaged is not responding back in a reasonable time frame, I say move on.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain.
    I’m still waiting for an email from the decor company sent December 16. The deadline was Jan 1….. just crickets chirping around here 😩 it’s brutal.
    Our venue and Reverend have been fantastic. But everything else is weeks to a month. (We’re postponed from 2020 too)
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's definitely frustrating dealing with them but hopefully closer to our wedding they will prioritize communication more!
  • Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A whole MONTH?!!! Wow!! Makes me feel like my vendors are not that bad after all lol Good on your for keeping the faith and hiring them despite this.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vendors may not reply as fast if they don't have connection to their work network or busy with other clients rescheduling. It seems those reasons may back them up and not being responsive to you on time. Leave them and move on with others to know your results will come through as you want.

I know my manager at work is a photographer and is getting married this year. He is also having issues to have some vendors getting back to them due to time.

• S
    Curious July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Sheila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally hear you! We have also had issues getting vendors to get back to us. Unfortunately for us brides this year is expected to be VERY busy with weddings, and I think vendors are not paying attention to customer service as much as they should be. However I think we need to adjust our expectations a bit, and be persistent with your communication to them!!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my vendors except 2 have been a bit slow at replying and I have met them in person and they were very nice , I think they just don’t have a great email communication.. lol they should probably hire someone to do that 😬
    But it could be a vary of reasons your vendor is taking a while to respond!
    I definitely feel more secure with my other vendors who have great communication with me through email and FaceTime whereas my other two vendors I probably would’ve chose someone else if I had time! Maybe You could email and ask them what is the best form of getting into touch with them
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our cater takes forever to reply... like it took them almost a month to get us our quote after the tasting. But they were the best value and their food is soo good so it's worth it to deal with poor communication. But I also remind myself that not only is our contact the catering manager is also part owner and kitchen manager of the restaurant plus whatever he has going on in his personal life. But I would not recommend having more than 1 vendor with poor communication.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Gwen, I totally get what you mean. Sometimes it takes my vendors a few days even up to a week or more to respond. They also have personal lives that can impact reply times as well. You can send a follow up email with them just to make sure that they received your request. I wouldn't worry to much!

But don't wait to long to make a decision on a vendor because if another couple sends a deposit on the date you're wanting first, that vendor will probably go with that couple instead of waiting on you.

Just remember it's a brand new year with a lot of newly engaged couples that are also on the hunt for vendors. Vendors could be crazy busy with other couples and their inquirers not to mention all of the couples that have had to postpone multiple times Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics