Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jasslyn
Beginner September 2019 Alberta

Unity Ceremony

Jasslyn, on March 29, 2018 at 22:35 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out a unity ceremony for us to do. I don't want to do sand, candles, or tying the knot. Looking for something different! Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on April 5, 2018 at 21:05
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thing I saw that was really cute was the couples wrote a letter to each other to read on their 10 year anniversary and then they each put a lock on the box that they put the letters in. they each carried the key to the other one's lock on their key chains until the anniversary!

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding commisioner offered a bottle box ceremony ( not the right word) where we seal a note to each other into a box with a bottle of alcohol and open it on our anniversary to read and have a drink, then write another one to each other and repeat it Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely agree with all these suggestions, all great ones! Also go on Pinterest and look it up, I've seen some very different and unique ideas!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MIL and FIL did a wine ceremony at their wedding. We will be doing a roses ceremony.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about hand fasting, ring warming, or chocolate?

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the wine/love letter box as well... love the idea of it!

Unity Ceremony 1
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a love letter box. We each write a love letter and it gets sealed in a box with a bottle of wine to open on our one year anniversary. When we open it and read the letters and drink the wine, we will write new letters and put in a new bottle to open the next year.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My brother did a plant. My friend did a peace plant. I had thought of doing that as well and using soil from my childhood home and from my fiance's childhood home, but my fiance isn't a big fan of unity ceremonies and I didn't want to get dirt on my dress...(which, knowing me, would happen!)

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a tree planting ceremony! Then you can plant the tree wherever you guys settle down and watch it grow! I'm in love with the idea, my fiancé's parents did it when they got married. Just be sure to pick a tree that's hardy for your area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics