Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Beginner August 2023 British Columbia

Unique wedding ideas!

Sarah, on February 15, 2021 at 18:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 8
What is something unique or different that you had or did at your wedding?
Future brides, are you planning anything unique?

I recently downloaded tik tok, even though I am definitely over the target demographic, as my friend said there is some great wedding inspo on there! I found a thread where someone asked the above questions and a lot of people gave their answers and I found some amazing ideas!
I thought I would extend this discussion to the group as it was super fun to go through all the different ideas!
My unique wedding idea is instead of a bouquet toss, I will dismantling my bouquet on the day and give either a single flower or a small bunch to the couples that are engaged as a way to pass the torch! I would like to honour all our friends and family who are going into their new life together, and not just the person who caught the bouquet. This idea may not be unique, I am sure other people have thought of this, but I haven’t read it anywhere!
I can’t wait to hear everyone else’s ideas!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Shannen, on February 27, 2021 at 19:56
  • Shannen
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Shannen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This might not be super unique but we are doing a cookie bar type desert! We will still do a small cake for cutting purposes but will have a local baker make us dozens of cookies in all different kinds. Our family aren't really cake people but love a good fresh baked cookie!Smiley love

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like your idea of giving to couples engaged or dating as a token to appreciation sharing the love. Its unique for sure and different.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m doing first look before the ceremony too! Then we will have a toast just with our family and bridal party before the guests arrive! A moment of peace before the storm!
    Dessert pie and paella sound amazing! I’m still looking at caterers!
    The venue we are looking to get married at has a stunning view and my photographer offers a second photographer for a really reasonable price so we are going to set up a portrait station in front of the view during cocktail hour for guests to have their photos taken and I will send them digital copies! A lot of my guests are coming from abroad so I thought this would be better than a favour since they have to pack everything into their suitcases!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I know a few of my friends will be engaged by then so I will hopefully have quite a few flowers to hand out!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that!
    Me and my fiancé are really struggling with the first dance song! We have a while yet so let’s hope something comes to us soon!
    Yours sounds so much fun!
  • Catherine
    Beginner September 2022 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really curious to read everyone’s answers. I realize that we’re not that unconventional: first look and bridal party photos before the ceremony, no wedding cake but rather a dessert table... Definitely opened to seeing what others are doing!
    In cool ideas I’ve seen: giant paella pans as a main course, dessert pie bar, self serve kegs of beer.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s such a sweet idea!
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's an awesome idea!

Our big thing that we are keeping a secret from everyone is that for our first dance, we are having the song transition from acoustic to the original to match our style - definitely an EDM couple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics