Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Unexpected wedding magic!

Peggy, on June 19, 2018 at 15:19

Posted in Wedding fashion 38

I have to share because this was a wonderful bit of 'magic'! So the one thing my fiance asked for with flowers was to have little Star Wars lego figures in his boutonniere and his groomsmens boutonnieres. So I decided to also plan to have one in all the bouquets for the bridesmaids and myself. Sort...

I have to share because this was a wonderful bit of 'magic'!

So the one thing my fiance asked for with flowers was to have little Star Wars lego figures in his boutonniere and his groomsmens boutonnieres. So I decided to also plan to have one in all the bouquets for the bridesmaids and myself. Sort of like this:

Darth Vader!cfb_30987.jpg

I've spent the last month looking all over the internet for a lego Darth Vader, Princess Leia and 8 original stormtroopers (not the new First Order troopers). I have tried the Lego store online, Ebay, Amazon, etc - all with either no luck, OR ridiculous prices (most that I found on ebay were between 20-40$ per figure!!!).

In a final last ditch effort, I emailed Lego customer service. I explained what I was looking for, and why, and asked them to point me towards a website or store I could purchase them at. Within an hour, I received an email back!

The email was wonderfully personal - Mark, the customer service rep, congradulated us and explained that the figures we were looking for are not available for purchase right now due to Lego's agreements with Lucasfilm and Disney. He then wrote "Let Lego be the first to give you a wedding present - I have requested the figures you want from our warehouse in Denmark. They should arrive at your home in about a week!"

I couldn't believe it! I just wanted to know where to purchase them, and they simply gave them to us! It was a wonderful gesture, and does their business absolutely no good, which made it a very special surprise!

38 Comments

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yesssss!!!
    Love this story.
    Well done!
    Are you doing programs? Maybe you could add a line about that.
    And definitely send them a thank you card with a great shot of the bouquets.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome story!! What a stand up guy... Something so small for them that totally makes your day, and a lasting impression for a brand for life!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're not big Lego people, but now I think I'm going to purchase a small Lego kit for each of the kids attending our wedding to go in their activity bag for during dinner!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, I just love stories like this!

It makes my heart feel so full hearing how people just do that extra step to brighten someone else's day.

What a great customer service representative, and a great company backing him it sounds like.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hah, I wish. Our wedding would be WAY more affordable if they did!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's an amazing story!

Congratulations!

Wonder if everything else does it too?! HAHA

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics