Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie July 2023 Alberta

Uneven Number on Bride and Groom Side

Kyra, on August 2, 2022 at 15:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hi! I might just be too in my head about this but my fiancé has six groomsmen and I will only have four bridesmaids. Is it weird that it is uneven? Do I look like I have no friends while my partner is Mr. Popular (loling on the outside but also questioning a lot how much truth there is to this). Or should I just pick two more girls I like but aren't best friends with to even it out? Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 26, 2022 at 22:46
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,

I had uneven numbers for my wedding party. I had a MOH and two bridesmaids. Whereas he had a Best Man and a groomsman. We had originally two groomsmen but one dropped out due to needing to focus on his family. This would have made it even. If you want less drama and an overall good time just keep the wedding party uneven. My fiancé convinced me that the original people asked to be part of the wedding party are the people that mean the most to us. So we kept it as it is.
    My head says keeping it as it is will make the other secret wedding costs not get go high (if we want to talk about numbers - getting gifts for the girls, bouquets etc.).
    My heart says if you originally only wanted the four girls, then those are the right people by your side. Don’t add people for “aesthetics”.
    Hope you choose what makes you, your FH and your day the best it can be!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uneven wedding parties is okay to have for your wedding day. It doesn't mean anything about not being popular or anything of such thoughts. Be happy with your bridal party by your side and know they are the ones you chose to stand by you as you take your husband to be as one.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found myself faced with this problem, and was told not to worry about it. Which makes sense, since what really matters is what works best for the both of you. At first it appeared we would be short a groomsman because 1 person I asked turned us down, but that was remedied when another person who was asked to be a bridesmaid also declined. So we just left the numbers as they were, even at an MOH/Best Man and 2 bridesmaids/groomsmen.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Matching is overrated. And I agree with Carmel - quality over quantity. It's always awkward when people who have veil-thin connections to the couple be in the bridal party and that awkwardness shows, especially if they're giving a speech.

If the visual is what's bugging you, you can always find ways to make it look even.

Uneven Number on Bride and Groom Side 1

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have four and he has two, he just didn't have anyone else he wanted to ask and I had lots! Nothing wrong with uneven numbers.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Carmel, it's not quantity it's quality. For our wedding I have more close friends who are family since I've known them since birth compared to actual family, He has more family than friends. When it comes to our wedding party I have two of my bestfriends and I asked his bestman's girlfriend to be a bridesmaid so she wouldn't be left out and we get along. He has his Bestman his brother, and two friend we hardly hear from or see, I've only met them once since we've been together. People who are invited to the wedding are there for the couple not for the guests or the wedding party.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am team uneven! And I agree with everything Carmel said!

I have 1 girl on my side while my FH has 3 and I LOVE IT! There wasn't even much thought of my trying to find other people, I knew I only wanted my bestie with me but he has a brother and alot of close friends.

rock those uneven numbers!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't add to your bridal party just to even it out - only if you'll feel good about it. You want the people in your party to be people you'll still be close with and won't regret down the road. If you're worried about photos - it's part of a photographers job to ensure your photos look good. They'll look great regardless! As for feeling like you have no friends - absolutely not. First of all, quality over quantity. Second of all, take my situation - my husband has 4 lifelong BEST friends - like inseparable. Between us two we have 3 sisters... I had them and my best friend on my side. I debated making it uneven so I could have one more friend but I struggled to pick so I chose not to add. All of my husband's friends were standing up there with him... mine (his now too really and their wives haha) were taking up half the tables. The number you have beside you means nothing about your popularity!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics