Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynne
Newbie October 2023 Alberta

Uneven Bridemaids & Groomsmen

Lynne, on March 21, 2021 at 10:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

As the title states, what if we have an uneven amount of bridemaids and groomsmen? I plan to have my 4 sisters to be MOH and 3 bridesmaids while my fiance plans to only have his brother as a Best Man.

Would it be imbalanced for photos or even walking down the aisle? I'm not too worried with reception seating because that's easy to deal with.

Thanks.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 14, 2021 at 23:05
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the unbalanced idea makes you nervous, you could even have two bridesmaids standing on his side during the ceremony. But honestly it doesn't really matter what one person has compared to the other. My FH and I each have 4, but I have my brother on my side, and he has his best friend (who is a woman) on his side. Our ring bearer is a little girl (who is going to wear a little tux and I am so excited for it). Anything goes these days! Start something special for you and don't worry about "tradition"

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its okay to have uneven as long as you both are happy with your choices. He wants it simple as you want family involved. This is your day to be happy and as one. You two will have a wonderful celebration and ceremony to remember as you look back on it.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is a time of anything goes! I’m sure your photographer will have run into this before. Have fun with it- what man or men wouldn’t love to be surrounded by beautiful ladies even if it is just for a few pics?
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also have an uneven number! I have 5 on my side and FH had 4 - not as big as a difference as you but the point is that we decided it was more important to have everyone I wanted without leaving someone I really love out, and he didn't want to just find someone he isn't that close to for the sake of numbers. Photographers deal with situations like this all the time and will know how to get great, balanced shots. Everyone will be focused on you two anyway Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly wouldn't let it get to you! This day in age so many weddings have uneven wedding parties. There's a lot of ways your photographer can get great shots even if you have more bridesmaids then groomsmen.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't let it worry you. Your photographer can move people around so it doesn't look glaringly uneven during photos. You can have everyone walk down the aisle alone, and honestly when you're leaving the ceremony no one will be looking at the wedding party because they'll be looking at the newlyweds!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics