Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Under the dress

Taylor, on January 23, 2018 at 11:08 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23

What are you wearing or recommend wearing under the dress? I am hoping to add cups to my dress and not have to wear a bra. I am considering Spanx that are high wasted and mid thigh

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on January 30, 2018 at 20:06
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This thread has so much info! Body glide? I'm all in on this product. Bridal buddy? This is a necessity. IMMA GROWN ASS WOMAN! I CAN PEE BY MYSELF YO!

As for the actual question, I'm not wearing a bra. the whole back of my dress is low and lace. I might get bra cubs sewn in, but I'm starting to think that that might not be necessary as I'm small up top.

As for the bottom half, just some nude seamless undies. Maybe a half slip so my dress slip doesn't get stuck in my butt. You know...the important things in life. But no spanx for this gal. I tried them once and thought they were awful lol.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having cups on my dress as well, but I am not wearing anything else underneath. I would, if the skirt did not have that many layers though.
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had cups sewn into my dress because who wants to fight with a bra on their wedding day right? haha as for the bottom half, I have not found a pair of underwear that is invisible under my dress (and I have tried so many kinds) and I don't want to fight with spanx so maybe just commando. That'll help with going to the bathroom too haha. The easy glide type stuff is great too if you're worried about chafing.

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have super sensitive skin to anything I put on it so I'm wearing very sheer pantyhose, panties, a short waisted (for ease of going pee) overbust corset and a rather large crinoline to give my gown that poofy bell shape of a princess
  • Hailey
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely get some body glide to try before the big day with a sundress or something, that way you know if it will work for you! It can be found at running room, sport chek, or online if you don’t have either of those nearby! I use it for sundresses so I don’t have to wear spanks when it’s hot out and will definitely be using it for my wedding day!
  • Hailey
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s called body glide! Complete lifesaver!!
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Look up "bandelettes"

This would help, and they are cute!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ill have to pick some up and try it! Ive tried a brand from shoppers drug mart but i find it wears off pretty quick Smiley atonished
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you received them? How's the quality?

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks I order from wish too. I got my daughters flower girl dress from there.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Off a site called Wish. Most of their products come from China I think so quality is probably not as good as the authentic ones. But for one day it should hold up I think. The shipping just takes forever. I ordered a phone case off the site just as a test I ordered it early Jan and it's still not here but guaranteed arrival date is Feb 14.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you find the bridal buddy from the American site or is there another one?
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No bra as my dress has metal/steel plates (?) around the bust area so no need for it. Other than that I haven't considered "wedding lingerie" but I saw a Bridal Buddy online which I found a site I can buy for cheap and considering that so I can go to the bathroom by myself on the big day with out help haha

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still have to buy but will be wearing a corset even though I don't require a bra but it makes everything look so much better. And a slip to help my dress stay out and not cling and some kind of underwear lol.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There's this stick you can get at the running room that you rub on your thighs I call it chub rub but that's not it. I get rashes in the summer too when wearing dresses and skirts. It makes your legs glide so nicely. It looks like a stick of deodorant. designed for runners but who cares it works for me.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing pretty much what your are when I find my dress. I’ll make sure adding cups is a possibility. I’d rather not have to wear a bra. And for sure spanx! Smiley smile
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most likely just seemless underwear. I don’t need a bra with my dress 🙌.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely buying spanx. I want to hide alllllll of it lol

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest concern is chaffing! I literally have never been able to wear skirts without spanx underneath or my thighs chaffe so bad i have to waddle everywhere! So as much as i would like to wear something cute im going to have to stick with spanx i think Smiley atonished
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be having cups in my dress, no bras!!!

As much as I think tucking things and smoothing things sounds GLORIOUS I will be wearing seamless underwear as I'm getting married July 7th and don't want to die of heat.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore no bra (cups in the dress) and some simple seamless underwear. I couldn't wear Spanx or anything as there were cutouts and slits in my dress.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The one I was looking at online has a hole or something to make it easier to go to the washroom, it is the Oncore high waist midthigh shapes.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am literally likely doing the same thing Taylor. I always thought of having cute lingerie under my dress but now that I have the dress and it's very body skimming I think I'll be turning to the Spanx gods just to keep everything tight and tucked lol. Unless I miraculously turn in to someone who stops wine-ing and starts gym-ing.

I also like the Spanx that are higher waisted and have more short-type bottoms - less lines! The real test will be if they're easy enough to go to the bathroom in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics