Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user February 2022 Ontario

Under garments for a busty bride

Stephanie, on February 25, 2020 at 15:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
What are the busty brides wearing for supporting their boobs. I love the lower lace detailed backs. But I dont even know where to get the proper underwear/bras for that style of dress. I'm a 36DDD. HELP!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 12, 2020 at 09:14
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a 38H and I'm wearing a strapless dress. I HATE BRAS WITH A PASSION. My dress will be having boning to hold the girls tight and up right and in place so they don't move.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori. I'm slightly bigger than you, and I have a dress with a low back. I felt completely secure once the seamstress tightened the dress in all the right places.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are the same size and when I went to buy my wedding dress I asked her about the possibility of sewing in cups. My dress is strapless and she said that sewn in cups for my size wouldn't be as secure as wearing an actual bra. However, since the dress you like is the lower lace back, they have a ton of shapewear that you can look at online. The other thing that you can do is contact your local stores because there are a few places that can do custom bras as well.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure don't need them imo - and that's coming from a 36J size girl. I wasn't able to find anything that worked since most underwear/bras that are 36 band don't come in a J cup and most underwear/bras that are J cup don't come in a 36 band... problems of having a bust too big for my frame! However, my seamstress was able to secure me just by bringing it in in some places. If your seamstress says it's doable - I would trust him/her.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had cups sewn into my dress for coverage. get a seamstress and ask them

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot of people have support added to the dress, whether it's cups or boning. I'm not super busty but my seamstress also recommended double sided tape to keep the dress and the straps in place to enhance the support from the cups and boning that are already there.

Definitely talk to the consultant at the salon and your seamstress for their recommendation.
    And I 100% do not recommend those sticky bras. Absolutely no support and a total pain!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics