Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Unatainable Vision

Bianca, on June 11, 2018 at 21:46

Posted in Plan a wedding 42

Happy Monday evening to you all! Recently today I came to the conclusion that my vision for my wedding décor is beyond our already generous budget and am looking into alternatives that will make me happy but also be kind on our wedding budget. It's a shame that I can't obtain the vision I want as...

Happy Monday evening to you all!

Recently today I came to the conclusion that my vision for my wedding décor is beyond our already generous budget and am looking into alternatives that will make me happy but also be kind on our wedding budget. It's a shame that I can't obtain the vision I want as seamless as I'd ideally like it to be (I'm not big on DIY/prefer to have someone I hire set up/tear down instead of me).

I've been struggling with this for a long time and would love to get some insight to see if I'm the only one who is facing this dilemma.

joanna-kyle-real-weddings-reception-0090

f3e79b9f326d0f3c333f64ea822e1b85.jpg

240f5b197a86ea9c251434f203fee5c2--rustic

* Pictures are not necessarily what I have for my décor vision, just examples of beautiful wedding décor.

42 Comments

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As some others have mentioned, check out buy and sell pages on facebook or if you know another bride in your area getting married before you, you could ask if they'd be willing to sell some decor (that's in your vision of course!)

I know you said you aren't into DIY but it could save you some money as well. You could recruit your wedding party/parents to help set up and take down as well.

• Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How expensive was the greenery and stuff like this? Did you look into getting florisits quotes for greenery? I went to talk to the florists I want but she said come back in August since she s super busy with Graduation and summer weddings but I am really curious and don't want to wait.

Thanks Smiley smile

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about purchasing items second hand from other brides? I know in Edmonton, there's VERY active wedding buy and sell groups on facebook. I've purchased almost all of my décor second hand from there - while I'll be setting it up myself, you could also hire someone to set it up for you. I've found I've had a savings of 50-75% off the cost of buying my décor new by using these groups.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha I don’t have that problem as my decoration was planned to be quite simple and try and save money but now my mum wants some greenery everywhere and it’s killing me because I know the second I say it’s completely out of budget she’s going to offer to pay for it and like I really don’t want her to spend a fortune on something I’m not bothered about.
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered fake flowers to do table runners and make 3 chandeliers. For the chandelier I’m using a dollar store hula hoop, cheap curtains from ikea and the fake flowers which I bought off wish. I got 15 2.5meter strands for under 100. The buy and sell groups plus garage sale have outfitted my whole wedding.
    Those pictures are beautiful and I’m sure you can pick bits and pieces to focus on. It will work out !!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you haven't already, take a look for wedding swap and shop pages! I'm on one for Vancouver island as well as the mainland and there are an incredible number of brides who sell everything as a lot from their wedding. Who knows, maybe someone had the same vision as you and can help you get there for cheaper Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm looking to do something very scaled down from this, but still looking for alternatives.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks beautiful
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Those are more general pictures, so what I'm aiming for is a little scaled back. The main component I'm going to have to cutback on is flowers. I have to redo my entire vision for centerpieces, our sweetheart table backdrop, and other décor aspects, and figure out how to execute it on the day of (since I won't have access to the venue the night before to set up).

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your vision is beautiful.
    Pinterest is awesome for ideas, even if you’re not into diy.
    How about creating a paired down version of your vision on Pinterest? Be extreme with the cutbacks and maybe build from there?
    What other components can you cut back on to make you vision work?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics