Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Un-even wedding party

Jodi, on October 25, 2017 at 11:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hello Ladies

So ive had a heck of a time picking my bridal party, originally I had only two my sister and my best friend. I had asked my half sister who is much younger to be a part of it almost a year ago and she just now agreed. So now I have three and my fiancée has two, he doesn't really want to have to pick another one as there isn't a lot of people he is that close to. do I pick one more or just keep it with the three? im sure its no big deal to have an uneven amount..

18 Comments

Latest activity by Marina, on November 14, 2017 at 22:48
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Jodi, I do not think there is anything wrong with having uneven bridal parties. I will also have 2 people, while my fiancé will have 3 or 4. Smiley smile
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing uneven too 😊 I’m having 7 and he’s having 5, I couldn’t imagine cutting any of the girls and didn’t want him to add guys just for the sake of evenness. All that matters to me is the people that mean the most to us will be up there with us!
  • Daniella
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one more groomsmen than bridesmaids. I'm not going to have them walk in the church together . I might have them walk out together and the one groomsmen will walk with his kids ( flower girl, ring bearer ) I might do this to walk into the hall as well. Or I might get all the ladies to walk in at once then all the men
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think so a friend of mine is doing 5-7

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing wrong with that at all Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking ours will be uneven too, but how much is too uneven, right now tentatively I'm thinking 4-3 but would 5-3 be too noticeable?

• Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely nothing wrong with having an uneven number. It comes down to whoever you want most standing beside you and if that means one of you has more that's perfectly alright! An uneven number looks equally good in pictures too when they alternate in a row. Smiley smile

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do what you want...
    We had 4 ladies & 3 guys plus ourselves. It worked out fine. Your photographer should be able to make it work with unique photos that you shouldn't even realize the numbers are uneven! Have the people that are important to you in your party - don't add someone just to make it even. Smiley heart

• Megan
    Curious December 2017 Prince Edward Island
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Juat do what you want! no need to stress, send one of his guys with two of yours!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have quite a large wedding party, but it's also uneven! We have 7 groomsmen and 6 bridesmaids. I really didn't want my fiancé to miss out on having someone who means a lot to him in the wedding party just to make numbers even... but I also wasn't going to ask someone I wasn't that close with just to add another person on my side. One lucky bridesmaid will just walk with two handsome groomsmen!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone to keep it uneven. Originally we had an uneven wedding party. My husband only had 2 on his side and I had 4, but he found some new friends who became like brothers to him and so it was then even. However we were perfectly okay with it being uneven and I believe you should only have people in the wedding party whom you are close with!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep it uneven. Don't try to search your brain and find someone else. We had an uneven wedding party and it was fine.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally! Lots of different options Smiley smile We will be sending all 4 groomsmen, then the groom with his mom then my 5 bridesmaids, then me with both my parents.
    But ive also been to weddings where they have alternated groomsman, bridesmaid, groomsman bridesmaid and i really liked it! Might swap over to this... To be determined haha.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uneven is a-ok. There’s no rule on having even numbers and it’s only a one person difference so not even noticeable.
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the single file idea! I personally felt uber awkward as a bridesmaid walking down the isle with a stranger.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with uneven wedding parties!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep it uneven! There will be nothing worse than asking somebody who he doesnt really want there to be there just for the sake of numbers. Its quite common nowadays to have uneven numbers... I will have 5 bridesmaids and my fh will have 4 groomsmen. We have our wedding party walking down the aisle single file so nobody will even notice the uneven numbers Smiley smile
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's a big deal if it's uneven. You shouldn't feel obligated to put someone in your party just to be even, it should just be for close friends and family in my opinion.
    I would picture the groomsman and best man each linking up with a bridesmaid and walking in pairs down the aisle followed by your MOH

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics