Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia

Ugh wedding cake...

Terri, on February 19, 2018 at 23:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
So I don’t really want a wedding cake, but my mom is set on it so she will be paying for it lol so we are going to get a 6 inch cake to cut then do other desserts but I have no idea what... shoot me some ideas ladies other than cupcakes!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 21, 2018 at 21:44
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of cake pops or canollis! I had a canolli cake for the first time last week and it was soooo good.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha, I had something like that myself, I didn't want to bring in ice cream to go with the (many many other!) desserts I was already providing, so she said she would buy it and get it to the caterer *shrug*.

Other then cupcakes there are brownies, blondies, cheesecake bites, cookies, donuts, s'mores, tarts, cake pops, and of course candy.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a sweets table that will have pastries on it. I didn't want a wedding cake either but my mum really wanted a dessert. Our venue provides dessert as part of the courses (Cheesecake or Chocolate Molton Lava Cake) so I've added a pastry late night table to keep her happy.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mini pies, brownies, cookies, doughnuts, tarts, candy, chocolate fondue, nanaimo bars - the dessert world is your oyster!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dessert is included in our menu (mini creme brulée, lemon meringue tarts, vanilla bean ice cream with espresso) but I'm with you in that we will be getting a small cake to cut for traditions sake - I do however refuse to put a piece in my freezer for a year Smiley winking

One thing that's really big around here is cake pops. That way people can get a cake-like dessert but no mess and no extra cutting. And they can be ordered to match your colours and decor. You can even wrap them up and use them as your favours.

Cake PopsUgh wedding cake... 1

I love the idea of a baked goods table though - super yummy!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out fudge as our wedding favors and the dinner we served came with cake (I think it was chocolate lava cake...I can't remember!) We had a small cake to cut but that was it. Everyone loved the fudge!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Assorted pastries of the choice of you and your FH

Ugh wedding cake... 2
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What I would LIKE to do... And still MAY do because we are having quite a small cake... Is to do a variety of baked goods (muffins, squares, cookies) and kind of make a little dessert display around the cake. I figure it'll also let ppl quench a sweet tooth without having to wait for the cake cutting.
    This particular idea seems much less "formal" which fits in well with my (very) low key wedding. It's probably not going to jive well with most wedding styles.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics