Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner May 2022 Ontario

Two moh questions!

Ashley, on August 31, 2020 at 21:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
Hi everyone,

I have chosen 2 MOH for my wedding, and will have been 2-4 additional bridesmaids (still deciding on who since we are still 20 months from our date and a lot can change). I already asked my MOHs since one has been my best friend since childhood and the other is was my roommate in university and is my other best friend, however she is currently lives in the US for grad school. They don’t know each other super well either, but get along well!
I just don’t know what MOH responsibilities typically are besides the typical help with DIY projects, and plan a bachelorette. On top of that, I don’t know how to split these tasks up especially since the one isn't local.
Does anyone have experience with two MOH or a MOH that lives far away?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on September 9, 2020 at 14:01
  • Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have two MOHs too and they didn’t really know each other but they have gotten to know one another better since. I started a group chat with all my girls, which led them to start their own private group chat away from me for planning purposes. As far as “duties” it’s really up to them what they choose do. When I asked them I explained to each of them that they can decide amongst themselves who does what if they are planning any events, and that either or both of them are welcome to do a speech if they wish. I’m sure you chose them because they are great friends and great friends will try and make you feel special during this time and hopefully work well together to do this. I wouldn’t add extra stress to your plate by trying to assign things, just make sure they have each other’s contacts and let them do their thing !
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe start a convo between the both of them in the same chat, just talk about your ideas and wants, and let them kind of figure it out and plan on their own. I wouldn't "define" certain tasks or events for them just because one may be better financially and the other may be better time wise, so leave it up for them to discuss and decide. I am sure together they can plan on contribute the same amount on both.

Eventually I am sure there will be a group chat started with you MOH and bridesmaids, and they will all want to help and contribute in their own ways! Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's no defined rule for the MOH. Technically they're just titles and however involved you want them to be in up to you. They also don't have to be evenly split, especially if your MOH's don't mind. Based on what I read here, some people get really offended if there's even a slight hint of difference in "seniority/hierarchy" or amount of work to do but you seem to think they get along and won't be a problem.

Are you planning to have any event other than the bachelorette party, like a shower? If so, you can give each MOH one event each. Bachelorette party can be planned by MOH in the states since it's not hometown based (unless you want to stay put in London) and bridal shower by the childhood friend MOH since it'll be a local event. If you don't plan to have a bridal shower, maybe the rehearsal dinner?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics