Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Two guest books?

Jenny, on March 28, 2022 at 17:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
So I bought a guest book I really love on sale a while ago, however I recently found a Jenga tower style guest “book” where guests can write sayings on the blocks. I would love a guest book but I also really like the thought of the Jenga style one so now I’m torn. Which would you go with? Would it be weird to do both? 😂 I’ve got lots of time to decide (about six months til the wedding now!) but I would love an outside perspective.

12 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on April 4, 2022 at 11:26
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with one- the Jenga idea! It's so fun and not a traditional book that you will put away and not look at again.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then I think you could TOTALLY get away with both! I would just make a sign that states you hope they fill out both, and again - there is so much time in a wedding for them to fill it out. You could also ask a friend or bridal party member to be "guestbook director" where they say "hey you get over here and sign this" lol

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location (I’m a sucker for convenience lol).
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the jenga style.
    Where would you put it when you’re done? We did a photo wall frame one. And right now I have it on my shelf beside our fireplace at home.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, why not both? Considering how long a wedding can be, I can easily see people being able to do both. lol Are ceremony/reception in same venue? This could allow more time with the guest "books" for people to sign.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to go with my original guest book and have decided to hold onto the blocks for whenever we have baby number three 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One guest is enough which should be the jenga blocks
    0ver the regular type. The idea you want og messages written to read years down.
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the jenga! It's so special and unique 🙂 I would do one as guests might forger to sign both
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the jenga idea! That's what we are doing. Everyone I've talked to said they never even look at these traditional guest books so I like with a jenga guest book, you'll see it every time you play jenga! I'd try to sell your original guest book
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think having just one will do. Your guests might forget to sign the second one if there is one.
    I love the jenga idea tho! I would keep that one!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the Jenga ones! I think it's such a fun idea and a great way to have fun and reminisce later. If you want to do both, go for it, but be prepared not everyone will sign both.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would pick one just one guest book. If you want the Jenga one, maybe you can get some of the money back from the other one buy selling it on market place?

I worried if you did two most guests would only sign one and you'd have two half done guest books.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics