Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Two “guest books”

Julie, on February 25, 2020 at 15:44 Posted in Wedding reception 1 8
My fiancé and I will be taking our engagement photos in Maple Leafs jerseys (our favourite team). We will then be having the guests sign them at the wedding as our guest book. However, we also love the idea of a photo book where guests use the instax camera and write a little note. Has anyone had two guestbooks if you want to call them that? I don’t want one to be used more than the other or to have people feel like they have too many things to sign. Thoughts? Experiences ?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on February 28, 2020 at 15:50
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to be the negative nancy on this, sorry

From a guest perspective, every time a couple has a guest book, the lineup to get into the reception/cocktail hour takes FOREVER.

Your lineup time is already doubled if they're signing 2 jerseys. Just something to think about when considering your guest's experience.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never seen two guestbooks being done personally. The only issues I see with it are - people using one more than the other, and people holding up other guests in line by signing both. It may cause people to say "ill come sign the guest books later" who then end up forgetting and don't sign it.

The jerseys are definitely a cool idea though!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is there anyway to combine the two? Have the photo of you two on one side, guests take picture and put it on the other side and sign either page.
    My friend did the photo one and people went in the pictures in groups, and all signed around the photo. It was a scrapbook size, there was lots of room for everyone to sign on one page.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is fine to go ahead and have the 2. The worst is someone only signs one. I dont think there is a right and wrong way to begin with. So go for it and enjoy.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think where the two ideas are so different you can totally have two. I like the seating chart swap for photos idea, especially since it will give people something to do during cocktail hour and the other guestbook could be later.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to have a friend manning the guestbook table so that everyone knows what they're supposed to do since ours isn't as simple as signing something. So if you have someone that would be comfortable to do that for you then it'd be worth asking to make sure one "guestbook" doesn't get neglected over the other.

• J
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I have seen this and I have thought about doing that as well! Thanks for the reply!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, what about if you made the picture one into how they find their table number? That way they know for sure that it's two separate things? Like have a little sign saying that your jerseys as your guest book - and then at a different table have something like this:

Two “guest books” 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics