Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christy
Curious September 2017 British Columbia

Tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses

Christy, on July 1, 2017 at 00:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
My bridesmaids are in dark brown long elegant dresses. We originally picked out black tuxedos with the brown ties and vests. I just realized now that maybe the black tuxedos will be too dark with the brown dresses? My colours are espresso brown, cream and blush pink. Husband is going to have a blush pink tie etc. and black tux as well. What to do?And I'm not sure what colours to put my dad in? My dress is ivory. Help!!

Tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses - 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 16:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The grey colour looks nice to contrast the bridesmaid long gown. I do find dark on dark will not show well. An alternative would have gone with is white suit to be nuetral from the groom and father.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it would be too dark. Because we are a very small wedding party our bestman and groomsman are both exactly the same as FH in charcoal suit and vest with silver tie and pocket square. MOH and bridesmaid are both is charcoal dresses.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beige would be classy, and linen (off white) would look fresh. What do you think of it?

• Christy
    Curious September 2017 British Columbia
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What sort of light colour? Maybe light gray or beige ?
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of the men in light suits with brown ties and a blush pink rose in the lapel. It's a contrast to your fiancé's black when pictures are taken of just the men together. It's a nice contrast with the bridesmaids' brown dresses as well.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Christy! Oh It would be good idea to choose a lighter color for the tuxedos. Here I send you some inspiration: Tuxedos best man. You can also get inspired by the pictures of real weddings: Real Weddings and Bridesmaid Dresses. Let me know xx

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Put the groomsmen in lighter coloured suits with the ties the same color as the bridesmaids dresses. You can also have them with a blush coloured pocket square to tie (no pun intended) it all in.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Brown will look good, you're just going to have to make sure you get lots of light for photos.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Put the men in cream or light brown tuxes and deep brown ties. I don't think it looks bad against the black tho. Might not photograph well indoors but will look fine in person. Could do a navy suit if you like blue too.

Tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses - 1

Tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses - 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics