Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Tuxedo or Suit?

Hank, on March 5, 2020 at 00:39 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

What are most guys wearing for their big day?

On that note, I found a tuxedo warehouse sale and was wondering, how often would one wear a tuxedo outside of their own wedding?

11 Comments

Latest activity by EliteGent, on June 19, 2020 at 03:03
  • EliteGent
    New Mexico
    EliteGent ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm well aware of this BTW, Good Luck then

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1) Not in the US (this is the Canadian Weddingwire site, btw)

2) No way am I, nor should anyone for that matter, be getting a suit or tuxedo online

• EliteGent
    New Mexico
    EliteGent ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest tuxedos, they are more formal and clean especially if you can find good quality tuxedos

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend bought a tux for his wedding. They now throw fancy wine and cheese parties at Christmas just so he gets to wear it. Its too formal for most occasions. But dang he looks sharp in it lol

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH purchased a custom suit from Moore's. He's super happy with it and the pricing was excellent.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, Moores is pretty much the only rental game left in town. There is another store that used to rent but decided to opt out of the rental business so they're selling their rental stock at prices close to what I would end up paying if I rent at Moores. But it doesn't come with the shirts and vest, cumberbund etc and alterations are extra. The jacket is one thing but I don't know about buying a used shirt.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guys are wearing a tux for the day of but they actually rented them from Moores. I know that my FH will probably never wear a tux again so we didn't want to spend the money to buy one.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My DH wore a 3 piece suit. Main reason being we can't ever see a time were he might wear a tux - not somebody else's wedding, not a funeral, maaaaaybe a gala (we go to one every year) - but usually they have a theme so...?

If it's a good enough price I say why not, but if it's the same price as a nice custom suit then I wouldn't bother.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH is going to rent a tux. Even if he were to be asked to be in another wedding he would likely have to rent a tux then anyway.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless you have the kind of lifestyle or job where you attend lots of gala events or other fancy weddings I don't think you would wear a tuxedo very often.

My FH is buying a suit. It's something he can wear again so it made sense to us for him to buy it rather than rent it.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is renting a tux. He was going to buy one but it was out of budget and like you said they aren’t worn often.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics