Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Tuesday To-dos!

Kelsie, on June 2, 2020 at 13:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 41

Hey hey everyone!

I hope everyone is keeping well!

COVID may be sticking around longer than we thought but it definitely will not stop our planning!

We got our postponement cards in the mail yesterday, so we are going to be working on addressing them and sending them out to guests to let them know the new wedding day.

What is everyone working on next?! Has anyone ordered postponement cards?

41 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on June 14, 2020 at 01:38
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been working on finding extra accessories. My MOH and I have started working with vinyl so we are going to make signage for next year. I have bottles to get twine glued on and jars to paint for center pieces so we will work on that over the summer months. Then leave all the piecing together til next spring.
    We notified guests on Facebook/email about the postponement. I can't decide if I should order re-save the dates and then send new invitations when the time comes or just do invitations.
    Love that others are also doing something on your would have been date. We are planning to have a bonfire and drinks with our bridal party and we are getting photos done with our photographer that day too with the two of us and our kids!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes...unfortunately...this has gone longer than we all expected! I will give new cards but smaller ones, with new date in Christmas. ( the vistaprint, have add new wedding invitation cards with Change the date ). But we change the date for 2021.24 of June. The same place, the same date, just different year.

Our wedding location have reopen, but in Instagram they posted pics, and all the workers were in masks. It would not look good for wedding picturesSmiley laugh

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great call. We were in the same boat regarding out family and friends.

You will have the best time ever and then the countdown to the wedding will be even better. Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I am finding ways to be happy it’s just hard.We are getting ready for stage 3 in BC but I couldn’t risk my friends and families health so we made the call.We are having a party on what would have been our wedding date and having it be the one year countdown or wedding kick off.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely not what anyone wanted to have to deal with while planning their weddings. I was emotional at first but I got over it and got excited again. Then last night they announced stage 2 opening and I was mad again. I am reminded though that even thought we are allowed more people in a gathering, we still need to physical distance and I am not sure I would want that for my wedding. I am happy again with the postponement and will keep on trucking. I hope you can find all the ways to keep you happy with your decision. I know I am. Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh girl that sounds like a ton of fun.I know deep down I’m going to cry because I have been crying every day since we postponed.I love the almost married shirt idea though super cute.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I remember that feeling! It was everyday checking what the COVID cases were. I really hope this gets better and you can have your day!

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with doing something fun on your original date. We were able to book camping for that weekend and I have a friend making us "Almost Married: July 31, 2020" t-shirts for us to wear that day. I think it will be fun and add a little bit of a giggle so I don't cry. LOL.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope so - we need some positive news in the world right now! I hope this blows over shortly so some of the fall and winter brides can have their special day!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with you there! I'm not used to being the centre of attention!

• Kallei
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kallei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just mailed out our wedding invites yesterday 😊. Got them in the mail within 4 days of ordering!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh cool you got postponement cards done! were just gonna email all our guests and let them know. right now were trying to get a hold of our venue to postpone... its very upsetting

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I highly recommend doing something fun on what should have been your wedding day.We are doing a trash the dress photo shoot with powder paint.Tuesday To-dos! 1

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t ordered postponement cards but I’m planning an epic party.We are having as many friends and family as we are allowed with the restrictions and having a paint war/house party.I will be wearing a wedding dress of sorts and getting everyone to help me trash it in every colour of the rainbow so that we can have some beautiful photos to look back on and can use them for our new save the dates.This party is our way of letting go of the sadness and using it as a kick off party to our new date.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our postponement invites in the mail, I am thinking of holding off on getting them sent out until closer to the end of the year though, our postponed wedding is not until April 2021 and the RSVP deadline is in March so figuring November/December would be ok! I'm going to get my dress this weekend, it went in for alterations literally the weekend before the week everything shut down! I'm looking forward to it but I feel like it will be a very bittersweet day!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely agree! My FH was super picky about his suits as well - so I think you have a good plan!

• Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Been planning the final details of my small covid wedding. Smiley smile My bridal party, family and friends have thrown me a virtual bridal shower. The format we're using is a Facebook group that will stretch out until two weeks before the wedding - we'll play virtual games (last night was Guess the Dress) and as I receive any gifts I'll post photos of them being opened! That, and being approved for our apartment, has taken up much of my head space! Our move in date is June 15th so there's lots to do in a short amount of time! I'm just glad we can be settled well before the wedding.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh nothing sadly!! I had pretty much the whole grounds covered before covid struck and now that all postponement related tasks have been taken care of I’m in a major lull. I kind of miss planning!

I guess there are a few minor tasks. One of my bridesmaids had a mix up with her dress order so I am helping her coordinate the exchange. I may also start giving some thought to the small party we’re hoping to throw on our original wedding weekend later this summer!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup. Masks must be worn by all visitors and staff. I'm waiting to hear back on how they sanitize the clothes between each appointment.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We can all hope. If mine is OK that will be great news for all the spring and summer weddings that follow! Some days I think it should be fine the next day I'm back to no way its happening ugh.
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did the same thing, I had already sent invites out before covid so just called and used social media to let everyone no it has been postponed and I have put everything away until I can pull it out next year. Since I bought a pdf I will be able to easily change my invites to resend them next year again.
    Hopefully by next summer this won't be a factor and we can fully enjoy the wedding planning and day. Fingers crossed for everyone 🤞
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome. I am sorry about your postponement.

Definitely sucks but glad that we can both find some good out of it. Accessories and shoes have been my nemesis. I think I may be too simple for all the wedding stuff. Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I reached out to ask about returns and ordering a few online to essentially try on at home is definitely an option. He's just so picky so I feel like seeing a few styles on him might help us be able to shop online better.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SO EXCITING! I was so excited when my dress came in and I was able to try it on in my actual size.

We postponed our July wedding also and I'm relieved I have more time to pick out accessories as I wasn't able to find any I liked!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so exciting about your ring! We weren't able to order ours before COVID and the jeweler hasn't reopened yet so we're just going to wait until next year.

I wonder if your FH could order a suit online? A bit scary ordering online but maybe its an option?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so awesome! I just have to figure out what to do...as I will want to do a pocket style invite again with all of the different cards (RSVP, details, maps etc.) and I've yet to find any options on minted yet but I'll keep looking!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh! Your big day is coming up so quickly!! I'm really really hoping COVID is a distant memory by winter and you can have your big day go off without a hitch!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! Are they making you wear a mask and gloves? My bridal store had me do that for my fitting.

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just got the email last week that my dress has arrived... way earlier than expected which would have been great if we didn't have to postpone our July wedding. Oh well, now it is here and I can take longer to decide how to accessorize. My next to-do is to go try my dress on again as I tried it on originally in red and ordered in ivory. I can't wait to see it. Smiley heart

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered my ring last week and it should arrive soon, so that's one less big thing off my to do list!

We still meet to pick an officiant, but I work with several so it's really a matter of asking and schedules lining up.
    The biggest item is getting a suit for Taylor. Stores here are open but he isn't keen on visiting the mall at all let alone during a pandemic.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're using minted for our invites and they're wonderful! I definitely recommend signing up for their emails also because sometimes you can do surveys for money off your purchase.

I saved $100 on our original invitations and I have another $50 credit to use for the new ones

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still have a bunch of things to do. I'm just going to wait till September to see how everything has settled before I do any actual preparing. I dont feel like I need to get the last few vendors booked right now. Luckily we are February so no matter what we should be able to find the last few we need.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics