I recently went to the Toronto bridal show and made an appointment at Kleinfeld's for mid October of this year. I was really excited to get the chance to have a "say yes to the dress" experience, but I went to a bridal warehouse sale today and ended up finding my dress (yay!). I was not expecting to find a dress at this sale and was only really going to get my first chance at trying on different looks and styles to prepare myself for my appointment.
So my question is, if I've already got my dress, should I cancel my appointment?
Pros of keeping the appointment:
- a fun experience that I've always wanted to have ever since Say Yes to the Dress first aired
- an opportunity to still look for a veil and/or headpiece
- an opportunity to inquire about alteration fees
Cons of keeping the appointment:
- potentially rude/a waste of time, since I have no intent of buying another dress
- potential of buyers regret
If I keep the appointment, there is basically a 0% of buying another dress there—I would just be going for the experience with my family. I'm not too concerned with liking something better and regretting my purchase, as I love what I chose and I can't beat the price; but I am concerned with this seeming like something impolite/rude to do.
What do others think about keeping an appointment for the experience only?