Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious October 2018 New Brunswick

Trusted Etsy sellers?

Lyssa, on September 19, 2017 at 21:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
We're working with a tight budget, so we're going to be relying a lot on Etsy lol. Problem is, we're both sketchy about buying online. Could anybody share links to reliable, good quality products or names of trusted sellers on Etsy for wedding related stuff? ☺
Thanks a bunch❤

27 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 10:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have purchased from ebay or amazon and refinds without a question if i didn't get the product on time. Saved half the costs durme to timing.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered really cute bridesmaids gifts on etsy. the seller was amazzzzing. sadly some were broken in transit but she replaced right away. her shop is proteapress. Also do you really find etsy cheaper? I find it a little pricey, but I love buying from small businesses and hate capitalism so I do it anyway lol.

Smiley sad Smiley sad Smiley sad Trusted Etsy sellers? 1

We also got a really cute illustration done from @littlebreecakes. I LOVE it. it was the perfect gift.

Illustration. Trusted Etsy sellers? 2

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought a LOT of wedding stuff off of Etsy and only had 1 bad experience. The rest were really great! What sort of things are you looking for?

We ordered our invitations from ThePaperVioletShoppe. We ordered paper flowers from MorePaperThanShoes. (HIGHLY recommend- They were the highlight of our wedding!)

Invitations

We got a really cool stamp with our portrait on it from lilimandrill. We used it on a lot of wedding stuff and now have it for Christmas cards and whatnot.

Custom Stamp

We ordered our cake topper from Plasticsmith. We got our custom book page aisle runner from BookishBliss. I found my bridal earrings from BeYourselfJewelry. We found decorative books to use for our centerpieces from BooksOfPurpose and OurLifeInTheWoods. I also ordered a Mother of the Groom keychain as a gift for my MIL from SAjolie. For my mom, I got her a bracelet of her mother's signature from SilverHandwriting. My grandma has passed away so it was really special for my mom.

Handwriting Jewelry

The only issue I had was with HimAndGem. I had ordered Disney shirts for my bridesmaids to wear for the bachelorette party and the package was stolen from our apartment complex. I contacted the seller and she wouldn't send me new ones or refund me. She only offered a 20% discount if I wanted to order again. It was a very frustrating process so I would say if you're ordering something important for the wedding, make sure you either require someone to sign for the package or send it to somewhere that someone is guaranteed to be there like your work or your parent's place. We ended up changing our registries to ship to my mom's house instead so that nothing else would be stolen.

• L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg they're beautiful! 😍😍 Definitely realistic, that's incdredible. I'll definitely consider buying from them. 😀
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got the flower hairpins from FloralLuxury. They are foam flowers but look so unbeliveably real.
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is very true! ☺ Hairpins from the Ukraine? That's awesome. Do you have any pictures? 😍 I've got a little over a year to browse Etsy, so I'll be looking everywhere for sure. 😛
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got all our wedding party gifts from Etsy. I also got the flower hairpins on there too.
    I mostly bought from Canadian sellers, but a few from the US with similar shipping costs to the Canadian sellers. My flower hairpins came from the Ukraine at a really good price including shipping.
    I find you just need to look well and you can find good quality at very reasonable prices. Just take into account the shipping time to make sure it will get to you in time.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This happened many times to me too! And it's great to support our local businesses too

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally, I did this with my bridesmaid proposal cards! Found a girl in Vancouver that made me the ones I wanted custom, with rose gold lettering and shipping was only $2!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! This is so huge! I found items I loved on Etsy and then when I looked at shipping costs, they were higher than the price of the actual item! So frustrating!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here! Smiley smile

• L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had no idea that you could do this! Thanks so much! 😀
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh you are a life saver, thank youu! 😛❤
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the feedback! ❤ I'll definitely be using Etsy. 😀
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH yes definitely agree to this! Even if you find a picture of something you like from someone outside of Canada - but find a similar shop in Canada - ask them (Canadian shop) to customize it for you. I did this and they didn't charge extra - and shipping was minimal compared to the company from outside Canada.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/498151842/simple-rustic-relic-band-raw-rustic

I should also add that it comes in the cutest little wooden box.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always find if I message the seller in the 'ask a question' section on etsy and get an immediate reply - they are reliable. Check the reviews - I've had great luck purchasing items from Etsy for the wedding and wedding events!! Smiley heart

• L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely a good idea. I always have a plan B, maybe C, D, E... 😂 Haha thank you. ☺
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've considered Amazon too. ☺ I think if the seller's ratings are high, they should be okay. & Michael's would be a wicked place to shop for DIY projects! Thanks so much! 😀
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I surprisingly haven't thought of that.. I think all of this planning is getting to my head LOL. Thank you. 😛
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg that's amazing! I always thought that Etsy was sketchy lol, but I'm soo happy to hear the great reviews! Thanks so much. 😀 I don't suppose you know the link for where you ordered your hubby's ring? ☺☺
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest looking in several different places instead of just Etsy in case you can find a better price somewhere else.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also surprisingly found a lot of wedding stuff on Amazon too! I haven't ordered anything but I have found it to be a little cheaper than etsy. Also if you have a Michael's in your area they have sales and coupons all the time if you are looking to do DIY project!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A tip to keep costs down a bit, when you are searching - click "Shops in Canada" so your shipping isn't outrageous!

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered my hair pieces and earrings off Etsy. As well as my bridesmaids earrings, her hair piece and my daughters hair piece.
    They were all shipped quickly and made amazingly (two different Etsy shops). And my husbands wedding ring.I LOVE Etsy.
  • L
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg this is so good to know! Thanks so much! ❤
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All the sellers on Etsy are trust worthy. IF you ever have problems, etsy is there to help you resolve it and, in the worst case, get your money back. Ive ordered a ton of wedding stuff and home decor items from etsy. Never one problem.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics