Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Transportation Limos, Etc

Rebecca, on February 22, 2022 at 13:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hey everyone!!Smiley flower

so I'm having a hard time deciding about transportation. I feel like I need it for my wedding but at the same time I'm just not sure. We do enjoy a good glass of wine & beer and I'm sure there will be an abundance at our wedding, and based on this I'm pretty much certain that its needed

Our ceremony & reception are at the same place so essentially we would be just using the limo for the wedding party to go for pictures, & family would follow behind in their vehicles or carpool together.

but at the sane time couldn't it just make sense for everyone to car pool ? I'm so flip floppy back and forth on this.

I need outside perspective's to help shift my heat one way or the other

16 Comments

Latest activity by Rhiannon, on February 26, 2022 at 10:21
  • R
    Curious October 2022 Alberta
    Rhiannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We definitely had some bumps in the road but it’s starting to all fall into place!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so smart that planning is amazing on your part!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exactly what I was thinking and I know I’ll have a glass or two of champagne pre wedding as well as the bridesmaids and the groomsmen will definitely have beers so it’s just easier all around.
  • R
    Curious October 2022 Alberta
    Rhiannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked a party bus for our wedding party for photos since our venue is about 15-20 minutes from town! We also gave a break between reception and ceremony so people could take their cars back into town, and take the school bus back to the venue to not worry about leaving their cars. We booked a school bus for 2 shuttles out, and 5 shuttle times back to the meeting spot!
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We still ordered a limo to take the wedding party for photos. The photo location is a bit further away than some of yours in terms of driving time but we thought we'd make the best of it with our wedding party. I second the suggestion of the poster who said to use the limo as a 'tour bus' to take pictures at different locations.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The cost of the limo for the time your considering photos would be expensive which wouldn't cross my mind. The car pooling concept is great since everyone can drive to and from the photo location.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are car pooling to the venue then shuttle Service after the reception to the hotel!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s an idea!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another option that could be more economical, depending on how many stops you're making, is van cabs. See if your local taxi company offers services in a 7 seater and book a few of those.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course, if the prices are way out there, then take the economical route. But if you can afford it and it'll make the party happy and you'll get great memories from the experience, I say go for it.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have myself half talked into it i just second guess it at every step you know?

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good point ill have to see who still has larger vehicles

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you can afford it, I say do it and make a thing out of it. Enjoy the champagne in the limo and use it as a "tour bus" to take photos in different places. Assuming you have to book them for a minimum period, take advantage of it by getting you everywhere you need to go. This way your bridal party can stay together and it alleviates them from the obligation of schlepping everyone around.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My auntie has a red mini van so that will be our transportation to the photo locations, ceremony and reception. My Fiancés dad also has a large vehicle so he will be the driver for the groomsmen. We are trying to spend the least amount possible on the wedding so adding in a limo for the morning just didn't make sense. I'd talk to your family/close friends and see if anyone would volunteer to be your driver for the day!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So the literally only good part about Newfoundland is the ocean haha, and its about a 7 minute drive to there from the venue, I'm also thinking that there will be champagne consumed before the ceremony by the girls heck I know ill need some to celebrate the day finally coming and happening and some to calm the nerves. (drinking and driving is a something I'm very strongly against to the point i wont even have a glass of wine or a beer with dinner and drive. its extreme but I've known too many people harmed by drinking and driving)

i know the groom will also want some photos at the land marks of his home town and that's 15 minutes away from the venue.

Most towns in newfoundland are literally not the most attractive.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A limo is an added expense and since you're not drinking at that point, there's no reason why everyone can't just drive each other. How far are you going for the photos? Is there nothing on-site that you can take photos at without the need to travel?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics